Macbook, Super drive won't play audio cd's.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Whop!, Aug 12, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Maybe this has been on the forum before, but I could not find anything about it. Am I the only one with the following problem?

The last couple of months my 2 year old white Macbook does not read audio cd's anymore. Once in a while it will load one, most of the time the first after a restart, but after that every audio cd will be ejected after several attempts of my superdrive to load the cd. Data cd and dvd's play just fine, and cd-r's can also be burned, no problems there.

Hope somebody can help me...

2. macrumors 6502a

l.a.rossmann

Buy a UJ-857-C off ebay for $80 and put it in.

3. macrumors regular

i would say the easiest thing to do would be call apple or go to an apple store... they will know what to do :)

4. macrumors newbie

I think the rossman is right. You're going to prolly have to shell out for a uj-857. Apple will charge you like 200$ but you can get one cheaper elsewhere.

5. macrumors member

possible solution

I had the same problem - wouldn't play CD's yet would play DVD's and read CD-RW. I sprayed canned compressed air into the slot and it seemed to solve the problem. The CD's may be more sensitive to dust. I really don't know but it worked.

6. macrumors newbie

I have the same problem but just with Warner Music CDs ... Googling about it I have found 1 or 2 other people reporting the same problem ... and it just happens with Warner.

Does anyone have a solution for this? :(

7. macrumors 6502

Is it country or rap music?