MacBook to PC Network???

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Trilsk, May 16, 2006.

1. Trilsk macrumors newbie

So here is the situation. I just ordered my MacBook. I know I'm going to be thrilled with it. In my house though, my room mate and I have a network only running PCs. Here is where my question comes into play.

On my computer, I have two drives that have been shared over the network. One Seagate 120GB for all my music, and one Western Digital 320GB for all my anime. My first question is this, will my MacBook be able to see these shared network drives? If not, is there a way to set them up (reformat, configure the network, whatever) so that I am able to access these media files from my MacBook?

We're running a D-Link DI-524 Wireless B/G Router. He is hardwired into the router, and I am running off of a D-Link DWL-520GM Wireless Card.

I'm a huge anime buff, so I would love to be able to easily grab the new anime I'm constantly downloading from anywhere in the house from my new MacBook. Even if I'm not able to do it with the current equipment I have, I'm willing to buy new hardware (to an extent) to get this feature.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Short answer: yes. If you need more specifics, just ask.

One issue you will find is that you cannot write to an NTFS formated hard drive using OS X, but you can still read it.