Macbook to SDTV using Scart

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LastLine, Jan 21, 2007.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

I've just skimmed Apple's store but I can't see anything (though a glass or two of Red Wine worse for wear so I apologise) but is it possible to connect a Macbook to my SDTV using a scart cable? Just want to watch some of my iTunes shows through the TV :)

Doesn't have to be an aplpe official product as I have a mini-DVI to VGA or DVI adapter so I can work with third party adapters if preferred :)

Ta

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Just buy the standard TV adapter (the mini-DVI to TV one). This will give you Composite and S-Video outputs.

Then get yourself a SCART to S-Video and RCA cable. Use a standard S-Video cable to connect the Apple mini-DVI to TV adapter to the SCART cable and a standard 3.5mm jack to phono to connect the MacBook audio output to the SCART adapter.

Alternatively, just use S-Video and the jack to phono leads with the TV adapter and connect it to the front inputs on your TV (if you have these).

This cable would connect directly to the TV adapter + audio out on your MacBook http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35910&criteria=s-video&doy=22m1