MacBook trackpad button not working?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by XP Defector, Apr 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey I just received my MacBook from overseas, I haven't used it in a year. Anyway, it was well packed and it's working fine with absolutely no signs of damage. Accept for the track pad button not working - any ideas? Perhaps I've disabled it and forgot I did (and how to reactivate it again).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

by trackpad button do u mean the actual "clicker" or like wen i activate to trackpad to click when u tap it?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah the trackpad works fine, I just mean the big oblong button beneath it. THanks.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Weird, it won't seem to work in windows (either booted through bootcamp or through parallels). The only thing I can think of that is different since I last used it is that my old man forgot to ship the battery (cheers dad!) so I'm running it straight of the mains - this couldn't make a difference though surely?

5. macrumors 68020

bluedoggiant

Well if you removed the battery or something, you may have messed up the trackpad, you can see the trackpad from underneath of the macbook when the battery is removed.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm I really not sure how but I suppose that is possible - any other suggestions? I suppose it not wanting to work in XP indicates it is a hardware problem... ****.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

You were right man, I've fixed the problem now thanks for the heads up. If you look underneath the trackpad in the battery compartment, you can see a copper wire that extends from a circular indent in the metal. Well I just pushed this in with a unlit cigarette and now it seems to work again, werid.