Macbook Trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macman2790, Sep 20, 2006.

1. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

I've had trouble with my macbook. Every once in a while when i shut it down, when i close it the white light comes on in the front. It turned out that it was on one time when i didn't know and i put it in my case, it got pretty damn hot. Sometimes it takes a while for me to be able to turn it back on after I shut down and the light comes on. It also tells me that it has unexpectedly shut down when it finally boots up. But there was no unexpected shutdown that i've noticed. I talked to an apple store rep. and they said that it might be the logic board. Can a logic board be replaced in store? And also has anyone else had this problem?

2. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

How soon are you closing the lid after you shutdown? If you close it too soon, it wont shut down, but it will go to sleep. I don't know if that is the issue, but it is something to try. Don't close the lid until ten seconds after you shut down, and see if the problem persists. Just some advice. Good luck.

3. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

okay this is the problem (and there's nothing wrong with logic board) when you shut down the computer, you will need to wait until the computer is really shut down before you close the lid, otherwise it thinks you want to put the computer to sleep (for some reason, the sleep has higher priority).. that's why it stays on... and depend on when you close the lid, it might be trying to go to sleep at different time of the shutting down process, therefore when you open the lid again, sometimes it won't start up, and when it does, it actually wakes up... therefore if you hold power button to shut it down, and when you restart it, it says it's unexpectedly shutdown.

4. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

Do you mean by completely shut down that the screen is black? Because i wait until the screen is black.

5. vega07 macrumors 65816