Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batman123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Some Place Only You Know...
Can someone please tell me what the hell is a Macbook Ultimate. Is it just a backstreet nickname for the black macbook, or is it different?

I live in the UK and i went onto the apple online store, and there is nothing to do with the Ultimate on there. I am really confused?

Please Help :(

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
batman123 said:
Can someone please tell me what the hell is a Macbook Ultimate. Is it just a backstreet nickname for the black macbook, or is it different?

I live in the UK and i went onto the apple online store, and there is nothing to do with the Ultimate on there. I am really confused?

Please Help :(

Actually, it's one of the the different configurations for an Apple Store, not Apple Store online. If you walked into an Apple Store, you can ask for a MacBook "Ultimate", which is usually just a maxed out configuration. Like, instead of having just a stock MacBook with 512 MB RAM and 60 GB HD, they'll have an Ultimate MacBook with 2 GB RAM and 160 GB HD. Hopefully this sums things up.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I think an "ultimate" macbook is not maxed out, but is rather a 2 Ghz, black or white, with an 80 GB HD and 1 GB of RAM, and is now sold in apple stores.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Here is the MacRumors article (about the AppleInsider article) on the MacBook upgraded configurations being carried in retail stores. As others have said, "Ultimate" isn't an official name...just an informal way of referring to a model with some significant upgrades over the stock models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.