Macbook Ultimate?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by batman123, Jul 9, 2006.

1. batman123 macrumors regular

Can someone please tell me what the hell is a Macbook Ultimate. Is it just a backstreet nickname for the black macbook, or is it different?

I live in the UK and i went onto the apple online store, and there is nothing to do with the Ultimate on there. I am really confused?

Please Help :(

2. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Actually, it's one of the the different configurations for an Apple Store, not Apple Store online. If you walked into an Apple Store, you can ask for a MacBook "Ultimate", which is usually just a maxed out configuration. Like, instead of having just a stock MacBook with 512 MB RAM and 60 GB HD, they'll have an Ultimate MacBook with 2 GB RAM and 160 GB HD. Hopefully this sums things up.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I think an "ultimate" macbook is not maxed out, but is rather a 2 Ghz, black or white, with an 80 GB HD and 1 GB of RAM, and is now sold in apple stores.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Here is the MacRumors article (about the AppleInsider article) on the MacBook upgraded configurations being carried in retail stores. As others have said, "Ultimate" isn't an official name...just an informal way of referring to a model with some significant upgrades over the stock models.