Macbook v. MBP a quick review

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Shai-Nadir, May 24, 2006.

1. Shai-Nadir macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2005
    I just received the 1.83ghz macbook that I had originally purchased for my wife but it looks like I will keep it for myself. I currently have the 1.83 MBP but I only use it for surfing, emails, and watching dvds so I think the Macbook will be a better fit.

Here are my initial impressions of the Macbook vs. The MBP:

Keyboard--both are nice and are easy to type on. I cant really decide which is better, I like them equally.

LCD--The MBP has a brighter screen and the viewing angles are much better on the MBP. However, the Macbook sreen is far from shabby, the colors are nice and dvds look great. Compared to the old ibook, the Macbook has a much better lcd. I prefer the matte finish on the MBP but the glossy is nice as well.

Heat--The Macbook runs a little cooler than the MBP, other than the bottom left near the vents, the macbook stays pretty cool to the touch. Unlike the MBP, the heat does not transfer to the palmrest. During 3 hours of use, I have yet to hear the fan turn on.

Noise--The Macbook is absolutely silent. No whine or buzz. My MBP on the other hand....

Battery--On a full charge, the Macbooks battery reads 5+ hours on medium settings. My MBP averages about 3 1/2 hours. I have yet to power it all the way down, but so far the Macbook battery life is excellent.

Speed--both are 1.83ghz but the MPB had 1gb of ram so it obviously ran quicker but I will soon upgrade the Macbook to 1gb as well.

Thats pretty much it for now. I am very happy with Macbook and will soon be selling the MBP.
  2. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Clovis, California
    The undecided shoppers will be cursing you for that one. :D