Macbook video card

Discussion in 'Games' started by DwightSchrute, Sep 11, 2006.

1. DwightSchrute macrumors member

Does anyone know if the Macbook video card meets these requirements?

- 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required - 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers

Thanks.

2. socamx macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure the Macbook's graphics card has no hardware T&L.

3. DwightSchrute thread starter macrumors member

So does that mean that game (The Movies) wouldn't work on it?

4. Kodex macrumors member

When you are converting a game over through boot camp you have a whole nother set of rules. The macintosh video cards are not set up for DirectX however the game drivers will do its best to convert it. The game will run but it may not be at full speed.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

While hardware T&L is nice, the Core Duo can pick up a lot of slack in the MacBook. Obviously not all, but a lot. For example, I play Star Wars: Empire at War, which requires hardware T&L, on MacBook, and while I don't have all the whiz-bang graphical effects, it runs smoothly and looks pretty good anyways. :)

6. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'm sorry but that's just not right. The GMA950 is a Mac *and* PC graphics card. The Windows drivers are set up for DirectX and OpenGL, there is no converting going on. The graphics cards in the Intel macs support Windows and DirectX natively, no conversion or emulation is necessary.

The GMA950 is a moderately capable card and the Movies isn't the newest of games. Its minimum system requirements seem very low, listing GeForce 3 and Radeon 7000 series cards.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

There is no conversion. I really wish people would stop thinking that Boot Camp is some sort of emulator. It's a collection of drivers and a bootloader/disk partitioning tool that is ONLY RUN ONCE when you want to install Windows. Once Windows is installed you NEVER RUN BOOT CAMP AGAIN because your Mac is now a Mac and a PC. Both OSs are running natively with full access to all hardware. Windows is running exactly as it would on a beige box with the same specs. There is no such thing as "running Windows through Boot Camp" only "running Windows" - Boot Camp is just there to assist you in setting your Mac up for dual-booting. You could completely delete the program and still be able to dual-boot your Mac.