Macbook vs. iBook Speakers

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ipartridgea, Mar 7, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

ipartridgea

Hello,
    I am currently in the market to upgrade my current iBook g4 14" for a new black macbook.... my ? is this... is there a difference between the quality of speakers in the macbook vs. the ones in the iBook?? also where are the speakers even located in the macbook???

Thank You

2. macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

The speakers are located on the back of the laptop alongside the grill.

The quality is just as lame as on the iBook.

3. macrumors newbie

I honestly don't know about the iBook, but the MacBook speakers are much better than those on most other laptops I've come across.

4. macrumors member

i had a 12" ibook and now have the new black macbook and i think the macbook sounds much better than the ibook, however both of them have low quality speakers, if you want to get good sound out of a laptop you should use headphones or external speakers...

5. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

You got that right, lame and lamer. They are there but not loud nor have great fidelity. Externals or headphones only way to go.

6. macrumors 68030

pastrychef

In my opinion, the MacBook's speakers are much louder than my old iBooks. I was never able to hear anything on that old iBook. At least, now, it's audible.

7. macrumors 6502

The sound is much better and even if the sound wasnt the musch better its much the swich