Macbook wakes for strange reasons?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by whyrichard, Apr 25, 2006.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello Good Mac People!

I have a macbook, which i love, and there are no problems with it that thwart that love.

Every once in a while, with the lid closed, it wakes from sleep.

Sometimes it is when i jostel the bluetooth mouse i have connected to it, and sometimes it seems to wake when i do not jostel the bluetooth mouse....

i turned off the mouse and it has not recently awoken, but what other reasons are there for a macbook to wake from sleep, even with the lid closed, for no apparent reason?

it also encounters some waking up issues when i open the lid and i press a key. ? it wakes very slowly sometimes, other times, instantly....

thanks,
    r.

2. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Well, mine wakes up to feed the cats.
    Sorry, just kidding!:D
    I feed my own damn cats!

3. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

Is it connected via ethernet cable to a network? maybe some sort of wake on lan activity type thing?
    Maybe it just doesn't want to sleep anymore;)

4. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

I have some of the same problems too.

Same here, with the sometimes slow/sometimes fast wake up from sleep.

Others include that sometimes it won't wake at all; if I open it, it just displays a black screen. Nothing will wake it up, and then I have to restart it.

Blech... If the 17" MBP's are cooler without a whine, I'm going to call in and complain until I can have this sucker replaced with a 17" MBP for free. It would really be nice to have a dual-layer SuperDrive too.

5. Infinity macrumors member

Any bluetooth active phones near your Macbook? I wake my iMac up with my phone sometmes. Or perhaps maybe someone (else) is scanning for bluetooth devices that could cause your Macbook to wake.