Macbook was off and running ?????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frogfroggy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. frogfroggy macrumors member

Yesterday night I shut down my Macbook and left it OFF during the whole night, this morning (german time) I found that my Macbook was hot and the fan was running like crazy, even though the Macbook was OFF (???) How is that possible, I have not even turned it on and didnt even touch it, nobody touched it....
    Help please....

I also forgot to mention that the Macbook was not respodning at all, I tried to turn on the computer but no response.... -_-

2. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

this happens sometimes when you shut down your notebook and either close the case to soon or halt the shut down process before it's completly shut down. I also had an imac g5 that would blair full fans and processor when the computer was asleep and I took it in and they replaced the power supply and logic board and it was fixed. So look into both.

3. frogfroggy thread starter macrumors member

And today morning when I was in the university, I went back home for lunch and then I saw that the fan was running ~ :confused: kinda weird.
    Is this a kernel panic?

But when I shut down the computer I waited until the screen was black and then closed the lid and it was not sleeping at all.... Ill keep on watching ~