Macbook- which generation has the least problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BrianSalts, Sep 4, 2006.

1. BrianSalts macrumors regular

I'm buying one tommorow for school from my college apple dealer and I want to know what digits in teh serial number I should look for to find the most recent release of stock.

anyone with any advice? oh, and i'm picking the black color to avoid discoloration issues and also to avoid my messy eating habits in front of my computers.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Although I can't answer about the most current week and what issues it may or may not have, I'd really be surprised if your college reseller has enough of a supply on-hand to be able to provide you with a model from a different week should you ask. :confused:

3. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

oh I see. I have another question- what are the most convenient steps (if possible) I should take if I want to change my windows formatted ipod to a mac formatted ipod, while preserving all the songs I had and the album art?

4. MrCrowbar macrumors 68000

MrCrowbar

copy the entire itunes music folder on an external hard drive. Mac can Read NTFS and read/write FAT32.

5. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

when i plug in my ipod to the mac will it automatically reformat it?

6. 66217 Guest

Don't worry about it, just pass all your songs to the Mac and sync your ipod. I did not had the slightest problem.
    It's a great notebook.

7. generik macrumors 601

generik

All Apple laptops have tons of problems, if you want no problems, go desktops. Haven't seen half as many complains so far regarding Minis or iMacs or Mac Pros...

8. XP Defector macrumors 6502

I bought my MacBook around 3 weeks ago, though Coconut battery told me my Mac was 7 weeks old, thus now it is 10 weeks old according to Coconut battery. I've had absolutely no problems with it as of yet. They are amazing notebooks and probably the best computer I've ever owned in terms of style, design and function. I'd definitely recommend the 2.00ghz version though, so you can rip DVD's.

9. XP Defector macrumors 6502

I bought my MacBook around 3 weeks ago, though Coconut battery told me my Mac was 7 weeks old, thus now it is 10 weeks old according to Coconut battery. I've had absolutely no problems with it as of yet. They are amazing notebooks and probably the best computer I've ever owned in terms of style, design and function. I'd definitely recommend the 2.00ghz version though, so you can burn DVD's.

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I wouldn't say all, but the first-generation Intel Mac laptops have had their fair share of problems, but that's expected when it's the first-generation of any product.

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

Not sure if you've seen this Apple page before, but if you haven't, it might answer some more questions for you:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/switch/howto/ipod.html