Macbook White (not Nvidia) and iPhone Development

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mirkoit, Mar 2, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2009
    Hello people,

I have a simple question. I developed for a while in my company's office on our iMacs (not during work, believe me - everyday I asked permission to stay last in the office to use a bit the iMac) a couple of applications for the iPhone. They are still in testing stage, but I would like to expand on them, test them, and then release them in the App Store.

Anyhow, I was fired a week ago because our company went bankrupt, so I will need to rely on my own to keep on doing this, and who knows, if I keep working I might do something good. An ex co-worker offered me to exchange his MacBook White (release October 2008, without the nVidia graphic chip, with 2GB of RAM) with a Dell I bought about 1 year ago and with similar specs, because he cannot get used to using Macs.

I wanted to know if a simple MacBook White (before the nVidia graphic chip refresh), can be used for development of iPhone apps that require 3D graphics.

Of course, if my Apps start selling a bit, I will upgrade in the future.

2. macrumors 68000

Nov 3, 2007
    Sure can. They are plenty powerful enough.
  3. macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Yeah they can, that's a pretty sweet deal for you btw :)
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2009
    Hey, thanks for the replies!

Yes, I know it is a very good deal! In fact I told him I wanted to give him some money for the difference but he really really does not want to accept it.

Thanks for the help people ;)
  5. macrumors member

Apr 22, 2008
    Scotland, European Union
    Why does he not just install Windows on it? In any case bite his hands off if he really wants to!
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2009
    Don't know, I told him that as well, but he did not care. I suppose he just wants to help me out a bit.