MacBook without SuperDrive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tanda4, Oct 16, 2006.

1. tanda4 macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2006
    I'm trying to decide which MacBook to buy. If I choose to purchase the MacBook without the SuperDrive, would I be able to transfer files to my PC to burn a DVD? How about files created in iDVD?
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    You can attach an external DVD burner instead of getting the superdrive. Which may be more expensive than just getting the internal (not sure).
  3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
  4. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
  5. 66217 Guest

Jan 30, 2006
    The Superdrive is worth the extra money. Believe me.

I was going to buy the base model, but at the end I got the black MB (not for the superdrive, I thought that I would never use it). But now I realize how helpful is to burn DVD's in the laptop and not having to go trough the problems of passing it to your PC or another Mac.
  6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    It is better to get the superdrive. Not only is it cheaper but with it, it means that you dont need to carry around an external one for when you need it.
  7. lmalave macrumors 68000

Nov 8, 2002
    Chinatown NYC
    Are you in the habit of burning DVDs? I've used at least a couple of computers with DVD burners (one Mac, one PC), and I rarely if ever used the DVD burner. So when it came time to buy a MacBook, I bought the lowest-end modeld without SuperDrive. In 6 months of owning the MacBook I've never once burned a DVD or even a CD.