MacBook won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theman5725, Feb 24, 2007.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2006
    My MacBook won't turn on. I hear the noise (not from the speakers but from the inside, like the hdd or something) but nothing shows up on the screen. I tried to boot from the Mac OS X install disc, but now the disc is in there and not coming out, and when I turn the computer on i hear the cd/dvd drive instead of hard drive. Still nothing on the screen. This is a follow up to the behavior I described in this topic:

I tried all the steps on this site as well:
  2. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2006
    Sorry for the double post and the little time I gave, but I really need this computer. It's the only computer I have (I'm borrowing one right now) and I need to be able to use my MacBook as soon as possible. Please let me know if there is anything I can do or if I need to take it to Apple, because the sooner the better. Thanks.
  3. mrkramer macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    I think that you should take it in to Apple. I'm assuming that it is still under warranty?
  4. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    Why not give AppleCare a call?

If you're near enough to a store and the time's right (as in they're open for business) why not bring it in for a Genius to take a look at it?
  5. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2006
    Suonds like you should take it back to apple, They should fix it for you, assuming it is under warranty.

Good luck
  6. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2007
    have you tried taking out the battery and putting it back in?

I had a problem where my macbook didnt' turn back on from a sleep but it was HOT when i found it, i had to go to a class really quickly and didn't want to leave it get even hotter so i poped out the battery and left it to cool.
  7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    is the RAM seated properly? take it out and have another go at re-inserting it :)
  8. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2006
    Alright, it looks like I am going to contact Apple.

That being said, what exactly is going to happen? Will I loose any of my data if I send the laptop back? And if I do take it into a store can they really do something right there, or is it generally recommended just to send it back in by mail?
  9. matronic macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2009
    Toronto, ON
    Booting issue

Hi Phil9579, so what was the outcome?