MacBook/X3000 questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Veracon, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Veracon macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I posted a while back with a few questions about the MacBook. I've been waiting ever since and will probably wait until the much-awaited system upgrade. This yields a few additional questions:

1. Realistically, what are the chances we'll see an X3000 chip in the new MacBook?
    2. Will this chip be able to run World of Warcraft somewhat decently (I don't mind running it through Boot Camp)? I'm currently using a Windows laptop with an integrated NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 (128 MB dedic. + 256 MB shared VRAM [other specs: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-52 @ 1.6 GHz, 1 GB DDR2 RAM]) at a definitely decent framerate (usually around 20 FPS, between 40-60 inside buildings); can I expect something like this with the X3000?
    3. (I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times, but:) When can we expect the new MacBook? Anything before mid-July would work for me, but the sooner the better.

Thanks in advance!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

1. Extremely possible.
    2. It's much better then a Geforce 6100/6150 if the hardware features are enabled in OS X and Windows via drivers.
    3. May-July 2007

3. Veracon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the (very) fast reply!

That all sounds great, hopefully I'll get myself a brand new MacBook once they're released. I'm definitely looking forward to it. :)

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Just to expand on everyone else's answers a bit...
    1) It will almost certainly appear the MB, eventually. The only way it won't is if the put the GMA3000 in there, which is more or less the same as the GMA950 they have now (it's an even lower cost version of the x3000 that IS going to be available -I'm assuming Apple won't use it though).
    2) Should handle WoW pretty decently, once the drivers are finalized.
    3) Well, they could update the MB any time now, but you probably won't see one with an x3000 until June.