Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jezster, Jan 25, 2007.

1. jezster macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2007
    Looking at the cost of a Macbook in the UK, it would appear the Apple Store memory upgrade (to 2 GB) in not that expensive. Has anyone got advise on purchasing memory in the UK, or has everyone purchased a custom MAC. I guess the only benefit is that you have 2x512MB cards left over if you purchase memory elsewhere.

Also I really want to use iMovie and iPhoto to create DVD's etc for the family. Is the Macbook up to running this software, the MAC Mini I tried was poor in performance.

Sorry for being a total noobie, but I need to start somewhere.

Kind Regards,

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    I kind of have the same feeling. I was shopping for memory for the MB and the cheapest I found was about $100 US for a single 1G stick. Apple is offering 2x 1GB for only $175 for the MB.

Maybe I am not looking hard enough, but it seems to be a relatively good deal to me.

My big ? is to purchase apple care at the same time I purchase the MB or wait till it is closer to the end of the regular warranty.

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that the iLife apps will run fine on the MB without much problem at all. I have not used a MB with those apps, but I have done so with a PB 1.3gh and it works them fine.