Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
Hi all,

I'm new to Mac, so i may not be doing this correctly, but i can't seem to get the EFI update released 13th November '06 to install and show the new Boot ROM Version as MBP11.0055.B08 - the installer says my computer doesn't need the update..

What IS the latest Boot Rom version then? :confused:

CaPo

zign

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
London
Hi all,

I'm new to Mac, so i may not be doing this correctly, but i can't seem to get the EFI update released 13th November '06 to install and show the new Boot ROM Version as MBP11.0055.B08 - the installer says my computer doesn't need the update..

What IS the latest Boot Rom version then? :confused:

CaPo

I think this update was for coreduo only. I might be wrong.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
The System profiler is showing my Boot ROM Version as MBP22.00A5.B01 :mad: ..

I downloaded the EFI update and followed instructions, but it keeps saying This computer does not need this update - what am i doing wrong?

Spec as below... :(

dnadna

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2006
The FirmWare was olny for Core Duo models,

in fact yours is starting with 22, and the Core Duos with 11.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
The FirmWare was olny for Core Duo models,

in fact yours is starting with 22, and the Core Duos with 11.

Thanks - i found another article on the forum stating that i actually had the correct one. It seems Apple has been so busy selling these things they haven't updated that part of the site.. No harm - the system is so good it'll reject what it doesn't see fit anyway :)

Safe in the knowledge i think :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.