Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I seem to be in a weird scenario which I do not know how to fix. I own a 2007 Blackbook, a Late 2007 Macbook Pro, and a 2009 white uMacbook. All of a sudden, none of them will connect to the internet. My Mac Pro and custom Windows PC are connected to the Wifi router via Ethernet and they work fine. I have 3 iPhone's (2G, 3G, and 3GS) which all connect to the wireless router and get the internet. I also have an Asus netbook which connects fine as well. I don't have the router name and model on hand (I think its a Linksy's Edit: Nope, a D-Link) but will update this post with that info soon. Why do you think that all the Mac laptops are not connecting all of a sudden? My only thought is that the netbook and iPhones are connecting via 802.11G and not 802.11n unlike the Macbook's (and Pro). The key also here is I'm pretty sure the router is not a dual band router so I would think if one part stopped working, all the devices shouldn't connect. Also, the network name does show up for the Mac's and they do connect perfectly, they just don't receive an internet connection. Any ideas?

Edit: Router is a D-Link DIR-615

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.