Macbook's internet connection all of a sudden sucks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by camobag, Feb 23, 2007.

1. camobag macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2003
    Hey all,

I recently (as in two weeks ago) ordered a 2 gig ram/2 gig core 2 duo Macbook. For the past several days the thing has worked great! But the day before yesterday, something didn't work great: basically, my internet connection became Very it took five minutes to open

Now, this really doesn't make sense to me as (1) my previously owned powerbook worked fine on the wireless network; (2) my wife's iBook's connection works fine (even today, yesterday and the day before); (3) My airport is picking up the correct wireless network fine.

Some unusual things have occurred: (1) I went to the Apple Store to get it checked out but when I tested my connection it worked fine; (2) At home, even though my internet connection is near-non existent my iChat seems to work fine.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and has worked it out or if this is a sympton of something worse. I'm planning on going again to the Apple Store to get this checked out. Unfortunately, I use my landlord's wireless router and so I don't have readily-available access to it so if I really have to get the info I will.
  2. WillJS macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2007
    Do you have coconutWiFi installed? If so, remove it. I had that on my MB, ad it slowed my internet down horribly. If you do, make sure to spotlight "coconutWiFi" and delete all the files it comes up with. ;)