Macbooks ship time?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iAndrew27, Aug 15, 2006.

1. iAndrew27 macrumors newbie

To all the people that have had MAcbooks shipped to them from Apple, usually how long after you order it does it arrive at your door? 5 buisness days or so?

Thanx

2. coastertux macrumors regular

It depends if it is a stock configuration or custom built. Stock configs arrive quickly where as custom built systems take a week or two as the come from China.

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i'm curious too. probably ordering one sometime next week, so it'd be nice to know. i was going to drive to Atlanta's store and buy it in person, but on top of that being a 2 hour drive both ways, I found out they have an 8% sales tax when we only have a 5%... :eek: heh

4. ajl macrumors newbie

hmm well Im going to adding a gig of ram in... urgh. I cant wait that long. I leave in 2 weeks.
    I guess i'll wait until the local store gets them, and then i'll add the ram later.

5. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

For me, ordering a stock one, approximately 40 hours from order to delivery.

6. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

Wow thats fast shipping. Did you use the free ground shipping or did you pay for the upgraded shipping?

7. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I ordered one Saturday (another) totally stock base model except 1 GB RAM. I ordered Saturday, and is due to arrive Friday at noon. I did pay for 2-3 day shipping.