Macbooks vanishing from refurbished store...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iW00t, Jan 2, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

They have been selling out very well it seems, the only ones left are the white Core Duo 2.0ghz models. If you are in the market for one better grab one soon before they are gone forever! :)

2. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

how do you know they're selling out? they put a quantity on them?

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, the quantity for all other MacBook models is zero...they're gone from the refurb store.

That said, it's not uncommon to run out of things at this time of the week...they typically restock the refurb store on Wednesday mornings

4. newmacmom macrumors member

I've been watching that, too

and I hope they do restock! Payday is not until Friday, and I wanted to purchase a Macbook AFTER MWSF...just in case...I don't know, but just in case something else struck my fancy instead!

5. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Don't fret. If it is anything like the past, Apple will completely refill the refurb store the day of MWSF.

6. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

I'm hoping for the same thing. Probably buying my wife's MacBook off Amazon, but I'm hoping for a refurbed MB and a new Mac mini. Apple will own me! w00t.

7. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

I just sold my old Mac Mini, money already in the bank :D

If a new one comes out I will be able to snag one off the refurb store for cheaper than now and probably even come out ahead! :eek:

8. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

They're baaack...

Looks like the MB stock has been replenished in the US refurb' store, though no MB C2D's :( . However, the C2D 15" MBP's are back in multiple models, in addition to 2 models of C2D 17" and a refreshed list of CD MBP models.

9. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

10. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

There are some really sexy deals on there. A 15" MBP w/ 256MB VRAM for $1400.

11. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

would you think that is a better deal than the 2.16 Core 2 Duo????

12. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

They're all good deals. I'm just talking about what I myself would buy. I couldn't afford the C2D. The CD? Maybe, but that's pushing it.

13. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

WOW! The stock in the refurbished store totally exploded today. They even brought out a lot of PPC stuff.

They did something similar with the ipod refurb store a few days before Christmas. There were 3g and 4g ipods galore.

14. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I'm wishing for a C2D with a 160GB on the refurb site. Am I crazy or what? :eek:

15. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

I got my MB from refurb stock. My only regret is that when I purchased it, they were out of the superdrive. 2 days later, they got'em in :(

I'll probably get an external DVD-R so I can use it on all my machines, so it's not all bad.