MacBytes links

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by SilentPanda, Jul 18, 2006.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I know the MacBytes stories get posted with links that go to MacBytes instead of whatever site they are actually from and I'm pretty sure it's for a good reason.

But... is there anyway to view the site of the article that is being linked to before we visit it? I'm always wary of going to unknown sites while at work but if the link is from cnn or whatever I don't mind. I guess I just like to know where I'm going before I get there. It doesn't have to be part of the link necessarily but even if there was an originating site bullet point or something that'd be nice.

2. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

3. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Exactly! I certainly don't expect anybody to go and "back fix" all the old posts but it'd be nice for new ones.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If you go through the main MacBytes page, all of the domains are listed there. If you come in through the thread, it's one click to pop up the MacBytes page to have a look.

But yes, including it in the forum post would be a handy addition for those who browse only through the forums.

Edit: Typo fix.

5. svenr macrumors regular

Look here:

Attached Files:

6. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

That's not the OPs problem, he wants the site listed in the forum thread, because I know personally I only read MacBytes.com stories through the forums and not the site, because it saves having to load another new tab.

Lazy? Perhaps.

7. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Chewing bamboo expends *all* of my energy... :)