MacExpo 2004 London

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by kronos2611, Nov 18, 2004.

1. kronos2611 macrumors member

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Nice pictures kronos2611, thank you for posting. Any new products at the show? What are you impressions of the Expo?

3. brap macrumors 68000

Damn, that looks fun. Noted how the MS stand was positively deserted in comparison to ohh, all the rest.

So... what was happening at the Adobe stand?

Anyway, roll on Saturday. Woo.

4. kronos2611 thread starter macrumors member

No new products anounced unfortunately. However there were some very cool things that I got to have a play / look at - in particular:

the 30 inch screens - 2 of them side by side - they are HUGE!
    The Digital lounge - lots of cool gadets. Got a eyeHome and a eyeTV 410, though there are lots of fantastic products there
    Bose had a fantastic stand. New speaker systems (well new to UK...) which are very very very good.

Not sure what was going on at the Adobe stand, but they were packed out all day. The Microsoft stand got a bit busier later on, but yes it was quite quiet for most of the day for them in comparisson with last year. Was quite put off by the new iMac G5, the Game Zone had only 3 of them and the games they were running were not great.... Homeworld 2 looks cool though.

Biggest thing I noticed - U2 getting lots and lots of publicity. All the Apple people were carrying U2 iPods, the big screen had a U2 ad up most of the time as well....

5. KrysBaz macrumors member

Looks like fun, and not long until the apple store opens in London too.
    Even had coverage on Breakfast TV this morning.
    More things to play with and buy !

6. davegoody macrumors 6502

davegoody

I'm going tomorrow (Saturday)

Often the best deals are on the last day ! - Will update you all what I manage to beg / steal (not really) or borrow !

7. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Will be making a visit tomorrow

Hopefully I might be able to get into the new London Store, if there isn't a bloody queue :p

8. kronos2611 thread starter macrumors member

Currently in Heathrow waiting to go back to Edinburgh, unfortunately didn't have enough time today to go to the Store - but from what the guys are saying on the other forums the goodie bags don't look all that great (to me anyway). Popped back to the expo yesterday (so one of my mates could buy an eyeTV 200) and it was incredibly busy. Also noticed when I left the hotel today that there was still a queue for entry this morning, not quite as big as Thursday but still good.

If you're going it's definately worth going to see the elgato guys and gals in the digital lounge and the HP area - they do some good demos and have Shrek 2 showing on the eyeHome :) When you're in the area it's also worth taking a seat on the ikea sofa and getting the presentation from the guy there - he's quite good.

Not a bad year I'd say and hopefully the baggage handlers in Heathrow won't destroy my new purchases!

--
    Prices - eyeHome was 160 pounds (cwonline at show selling it for 234!!), eyeTV410 was 199 pounds