MacExpo 2004

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sebgate20, Oct 23, 2004.

1. sebgate20 macrumors newbie

sebgate20

I just booked up at the Hilton Islington for MacExpo 2004 and bought my pass. I'm really excited since I've never been before! Any past experiences?

Also, are there any plans for an informal gathering? When I've been to other shows (not Mac :-(, people get together before, after or during to talk about stuff in general. Does anyone know of such a gathering?

Hope to see some of you there!

Seb

(If you look, you should see me wearing a Think Different/Switch 2004 T-Shirt made by me!)

2. billtanderson macrumors newbie

Meet up

I went last year and enjoyed it - especially as I'd just switched to Macs.

The workshop/seminar things were not really of interest to me but they seemed well attended so they must have been of use to more business type users rather than a home user (me).

I'd be interested in a meet up if others are ?

It's the same day as the new Apple store, so visits to both in a day could be a very cool day out if you are not normally near central London.

3. loneAzdgari macrumors member

I'll be there taking pictures and making notes for a feature at Insidemacgames.com I've attended the last expo in islington and I also went to the Paris Expo in September. They're pretty interesting, but they're are very much tuned towards the sales side of things. They're jam packed full of retailers trying to sell you anything mac related!

4. sebgate20 thread starter macrumors newbie

sebgate20

Ah, well it must be harder for to sell Mac goods since the userbase is smaller so more sales tatics needed :)

Anyway, I see there is an OpenZone stand. Is this a WiFi hotspot? If so, we don't we meet there? I'll have my iBook so I can see how much BT will rip me off (sorry, meant charge!)

Seb