MacExpo: Quark, Adobe in show ding-dong

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 19, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

Peyote

Seems more like it was a trial, and not so much a debate! Rightfully so. Die Quark, Die.

3. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

If this trend of bad-mouthing Quark continues, Quark's little tower is going to crumble...and in dramatic fashion too...in the form of a MASSIVE switch to InDesign by creative professionals everywhere. This becomes even more likely if any (or all) of the following occur:

1. QuarkXpress 7.0 is late.
    2. InDesign CS+1 (or whatever Adobe decides to call it) blows Xpress away.
    3. InDesign manages to beat Xpress on bang-for-the-buck (more useful features for less money).

4. Moderator emeritus

It makes me think of the PageMaker -> XPress transition. Aldus was so arrogant and Quark wanted the business. The difference is that XPress is actually a much better product than PageMaker ever was. InDesign still doesn't have the workflow tools and many XPress users are still using Mac OS 9 (or older) due to the lack of big equipment drivers for Mac OS X.

I hope that Quark remain so that Adobe doesn't have a stranglehold on the market. They would be ruthless.

5. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Quark had better get their act together and make good on their promise to upgrade customer support. Boy, does Quark ever need better customer support - every Quark user I've talked to said that lousy support from Quark was one of their biggest complaints. (Mind you, I haven't surveyed that many Quark users yet - just 5 so far.)