MacGamer.com - being ignored or what?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ExoticFish, Jan 15, 2004.

1. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    Hey, I'm having a very confusing dilemma. A number of weeks ago (Dec. 22nd to be exact) I won a free copy of Halo from MacGamer by entering in their Photoshop contest. http://www.macgamer.com/features/publish.php?id=1737 Down at the bottom are the winners, mine's the first one. I worked really hard in hopes of winning and what a surprise, I won! I was so excited I could hardly stand it.

I forget whether it was later that day (the day I won) or a day or two after I e-mailed the guy in charge of the contest (Corey Tamas) saying how excited I was to play the game and asked if he had any idea when I might expect it. No reply. Odd since I had just exchanged a couple e-mails with him due to the fact that he could not access the files from my hosting provider.

About a week later I went to the contest page and at the top it says "Special note: If you won previous MacGamer Giveaway contests and have been waiting for your prize to no avail, please contact us immediately and we will look into the problem for you. Thanks!". So I e-mail there giveaway address and guess what... no reply.

By this time I was feeling a little shafted. A response of "F$*k off @$$-muncher" would be fine. I was just looking for SOME sort of response.

About a week ago I noticed that MacGamer had forums. I browsed around and noticed that Corey was a fairly active poster. I tried another e-mail to him. Nothing. So I was going to try to join the forums and ask in there. No such luck. When trying to join I got an error saying that my e-mail had been banned. I thought that they were trying to ignore me but then I had a friend try to join from his house and it gave him the same problem.

So, not being able to get ahold of anyone I sent an e-mail on Tuesday (1/13) to none other than MacSoft themselves since they supposedly gave these free copies to MacGamer. I told them how I was trying to get ahold of ANYONE I could and asked if they had any way of contacting someone over at MacGamer. I'm not holding my breath, and so far no response from MacSoft.

Maybe I'm going a little nuts over this but it's not about a "free game" anymore. I just want A response. I don't know why I'm posting this here either, just getting my frustration out.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I haven't dealt with them, but it sounds as bad as my dealings with MicroMat. I'm supposed to get a free upgrade to Tech Tool Pro 4 but they continue to ignore me, even with an image of the registration card in the e-mail.

Good luck!

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

hmmm..

Sounds like BS...

I'll e-mail their giveaways address... linking to here... then we will see.

4. ExoticFish thread starter macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

i would certainly appreciate it! :) i was browsing around there forums and saw a post from some guy who one some past contest and how he recieved whatever he won like 2 days after. like i said before, i'll go out and buy the dang game... i just want a response.

5. synergy macrumors regular

Corey has been very good in the past about emailing me for non-contest related stuff. There might be a problem with your email getting to him. Did you try posting a message in the forums?

Did you try emailing him with another email account?

Sometimes emails are blocked by the ISPs because they wrongly or rightly consider them spam domains.

I would suggest posting a message in the forums asking about it. Register using a different email address. Or goto the library and use their computers to try.

6. ExoticFish thread starter macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

well in my first post i stated that i had tried to e-mail him from two separate e-mail addresses. and when i tried to register for the forums it kept saying that my e-mail had been banned but that was the same for everyone i had try to register.

but i just tried to register again and it went through so i'll try posting something to the forums now.

7. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Well I dont know Corey personally, but from what I've seen of him chatting in Gameranger I find it doubtful that he'd ignore you, always found him very professional and generally mature, well as mature as any gamer can be :D

sounds like a simple email problem or he's away on holiday. Perhaps asking someone to email him, post in their forums on your behalf might work....I'd be more than happy to do so if you cant get anyone else to....just pm me with the message to him and I'd be happy to copy and paste it to him.
    Good luck

8. ExoticFish thread starter macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

well i was able to register for the forums today and left him a post and got an e-mail from him soon after apologizing and saying that things have been backed up.

from everything i've seen of Corey i thought that it was weird for him to not reply. so thanks for listening to my crap and such! :rolleyes: :D

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

This is the message he sent me back...

Yeah so if your good then I will not reply... if you want me to tho, I will.

10. ExoticFish thread starter macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

heh heh... well if you said which contest it was and who it was then maybe e-mail him back and say that it was me e-mailing from your address cause my address didn't seem to be getting through... if not then don't worry about it!

but thanks for trying anyway! much appreciated!

- Brandon

11. CoreyTamas macrumors newbie

Go ahead and reply. I'm sure I'll never figure out that you weren't actually the legitimate winner. I'm not very bright, you know.

C. Tamas

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

*sigh* wow, great you spliced a quote of mine...

I wasn't frikken taking credit.

Lay the hell off.

I didn't say that I was the winner I said a winner of a former contest was trying to e-mail you and I said go to this thread.

Hello, does that mean
    MrMacMan = Winner?

NO

13. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

glad that was cleared up, Coreys post to you had me confused (doesnt take much though)

14. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah I was confused why he thought that too.

Whatever.

15. CoreyTamas macrumors newbie

I misunderstood what MacMan was saying in the post I replied to. Apologies all around.

16. ExoticFish thread starter macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

well i certainly am glad that that was all cleared up! i was feeling bad causing all of this arguing. hope there are no ill feelings anywhere!

P.S.
    Halo multiplayer rocks! Thanks Corey!

17. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Okay, same I am sorry.

Didn't want to offend...

Yeah I hear Halo kicks too... but I wasn't the prize winner so I don't know.

:p

--MrMacMan