machead on oprah

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kishba, Apr 25, 2002.

1. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

my mom was watching oprah today and called me to watch one of the segments

the show was about balance and giving up things you're addicted to... a woman was forcing her husband to give up his macs for a whole week!!!

he had a tibook (named of course), an iMac g3 and a cube (he might have others but i can't remember)

anyways... do your significant other(s) ever force you to give up your technology? i know my parents are... they took away my rights to the g4 for awhile... i'm on an old powerbook for awhile :(

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Dear God, that's sad! I wonder if the people watching Oprah think we're freaks now or something. :(

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

my girlfriend once got offended when she was playing around like she was gonna knock my TiBook over with her foot and I jumped on her and said to "be careful of the computer!"

other than that....no...

but it is fun when your significant other tempts u with an apple to step away from the box...he he he ;) :D :p :) :cool: :eek:

edit: oh...and no pun intended on that last comment...he he he...

one more thing to ad...my girlfriend (as well as a few of my close friends) thinks I'm addicted to macrumors...I don't know what she or they would think that?! :rolleyes:

4. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

my fiancee's already said that my tibook's going away for the week when she comes to see me in germany :D Apparently it'll only be switched on whilst i'm out for the day, so she can watch dvd's and divx's! The cheek of it :p

Apart from that, i don't exactly have an intravenous drip from my computer, so can leave it along for a few hours here an there... until i get curious about what's happening on macrumors that is :D

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Scratch that...reverse it...;)

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You have a dirty, dirty mind Rower_CPU. :D

Lethal

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Don't I know it! That one was just too easy...but I get the impression not too many people got it...;)

8. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

Lol.. I went to pick up my girlfriend for dinner today and she had a surprise for me...

she had taped that oprah show and showed it to me.. she said that i will end up like that in a couple of years....

Hey, it's a lifestyle.... right?

btw, that wasn't the surprise.. ;)

j/k!

9. Jookbox macrumors 6502

why don't the oprah viewers try giving up oprah for a week? :rolleyes:

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

who thinks they could give up macrumors for a week??? :eek:

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not you, most likely. It be hard to verify, but certainly you could try not to post for a week. I'd have a problem with that too.

Maybe the week after WWDC?

Anyone willing to try? How about a wager?

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

no kidding...and u are so close to 1000!!!

I'm going out of town for 10 days (May 10-20) but I'll find a way to visit each day even if it's just to make u pathetic comment...he he he :p

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm out of town this weekend, so I'll probably only have a handful of posts, most likely most on Sunday evening.

But what's the big deal about 1000? I don't get anything special - that I know of. I guess I'll be the 5th or 6th person to get that many posts, but its not like its all that special.

500 was more interesting because then I could get an avatar. That was worth scouring the boards for threads to comment on. I try to at least say something worth while on all my posts, although I have had one or two one liners when the banter got a little heavy.:D

You think anything is going to happen when you reach 2000?

14. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I got it, more then I get it, but that's another story. :D

15. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

How about Oprah giving up Ho-Ho's and Ding-Dongs for a day?? Not gonna happen...

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah...I guess nothing too spectacular about 1000....just that u are over 1000 I suppose...I sorta got into the habit of congratulating people for their marks...

as for 2000...I guess I'll be the first to reach 2000 posts....no cigar I feel though ;) :rolleyes:

17. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

i better be careful

I better be careful, You guys might see my girlfriend drag my sorry ass on that show. She hates it when Im on my Mac. I guess he dosent understand that I can listen to her and work on my Mac at the same time.....

Mybe I should have found a MacHead girl!

... or convert this one :)

-evildead

18. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

That's funny.

blakespot

19. palala macrumors member

Correction

Willy Wonka just turned over in his grave...well at least now he is facing upwards. The correct quote would be "Strike that, reverse it"

20. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Correction

Who said I was quoting Willy Wonka? It's actually a common expression...:rolleyes:

21. palala macrumors member

I see

Indeed. I apologize. I'm one of those people that just assumes everyone is talking in movie quotes, probably because I do...except now.