MacHeads and Mac Posers?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by blackpeter, Apr 11, 2002.

1. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    Looking at the recent Gateway commercial, I can't help but think that they are taking part of their marketing cue from Apple. Makes me real proud, but also a little smug.

So it brings me to a Question:

If the worm turned and Macs became the dominant PC over a few years, would we (the once Mac minority) still maintain our subculture? Or is it possible that even Apple could fade into the mainstream? Would we be like the 2 or 3 guys who actually listened to Nirvana before they were big and talk all the time about how they've "sold out?"
  2. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
  3. Geert macrumors 6502a

May 28, 2001
    I'dd prefer to stay in the underdog position.
    If other people don't see that macs are the superior system let them curse on their PC.

The only thing that would be really cool is that Apple shares will top M$ shares:p
  4. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    remember gateways version of the imac? actually, not bad, but still a copy
  5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Re: MacHeads and Mac Posers?

Ha, that would be great, but it won't happen. Apple might gain more market share, but it will always be us vs. them.

Don't worry, we'll always have an opportunity to bash the evil PCs.

We'll be talking to our grandkids decades from now
    'Let me tell you a story about a man named Bill Gates. Well back in ought-three....'
  6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I think the biggest part of our subculture is the fact that we are the minority...we stick's what makes us "different" so to speak...

again...I think many companies take cues from Apple...let them...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... :p
  7. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Don't worry, Macs will always be the minority. That's just fine with me! :)
  8. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    MAC owners have a style, PC owners have viruses

It's true look at the way Bill Gates dresses
    And Steve Jobs dresses casual ( jeans and a long sleeve shirt)

But Bill........yuck:D
  9. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i cant believe i forgot to mention the imac looking emachine...actually, from the perspective of emachines, i used to sell them, this one never had hardware problems

as for

jobs said he was flattered but the apple corporation, in good business measure, sued this computer model out of existence