Macheads from Texas!

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Sep 18, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Howdy Ya'll! Welcome to this thread! Pull up a chair!

How many of ya'll (the accent is just so funny :p ) are from Texas here? I know that a couple of newbies are. If anyone from Texas were watching TXCN on Tuesday (I think), you might have seen the feature with Janie Porche. I didn't see it, but my parents told me about it. dell may have their dude, but Apple has their gal, and she can whoop up on steven's pansy-a$$ any day...

Anyways, I hope all you newbies from Texas stick around. Maybe we can have geekfest somewhere in Texas, if we get enough of ya'll ( :D )

Come back now, ya' hear!

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW............. Sorry, my texanese came out unexpectedly. I live in Austin. Austin rocks. The only bad thing about Austin is that there isnt an apple store. It is the perfect city for an apple store, with austin people being so wild and all, not to mention how many iBooks they would sell if the store was located on the drag (because of UT students). Austin rocks, Texas Rocks.

Thats all good, but I better do my HW.

3. vniow macrumors G4

Not quite....

I'm not from Texas, but I'm from the state above you. :)
    (well, not at the moment, but I'm moving back there before the end of the year.:))

4. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

The campus computer store at UT features Macs. There is a main Apple rep. on campus, and every semester, they train and hire new ones, just for the experience. I'm a senior in high school right now, and am planning to go to UT. I'm hoping to try out this Apple rep thing (I was told by an Apple rep at an event about this program...)

But I do agree, Austin could definitely use an Apple store.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Apple computers fit Austin's personality. I would visit the apple store very often... As of now, I go to compUSA to look at the computers that I can only dream of affording. I cant wait till compUSA gets the d1.25 DP. Anticipation..... :D

6. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i'm from texas, but i have lived in nc for about 6 years now.

i lived in san antonio for 13 years, and dallas for two.

7. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

right on, i lived in northeast san antonio for about 6.5 years. i have been gone for years though

did you go to high school there?

8. Funkatation macrumors regular

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Austin is a rocking city man. I think the only apple store in Texas is near Dallas in the plano area or something... somewhere around there. Im from Texas also Ive lived for a long while near Corpus Christi now Im in Lubbock. Im hoping to eventually move to Austin or San Antonio in 2 to 3 years.
    They do need at least 2 Apple stores in Texas though. Hell more than that. Texas can be a country.

10. Funkatation macrumors regular

apple store in houston @ galleria opening this weekend actually.

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well if all goes as planned...I'll be in Austin the weekend of December 6 & 7...WebEdgeWars...he he he :D

I imagine a bunch of us will be in that area that weekend...as we're all on a contest team... ;)

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I saw that, the apple store in houston thing, I am going to see it next time I visit my grandparents. Ive never been to an apple store.

14. job macrumors 68040

job

im going to the grand opening.. :D

15. iGav macrumors G3

16. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    4th generation texan on both sides of the family...though now i live in southern california.

texas is a great place...its not perfect but what place is.

what i miss about texas...

massive shake your house thunderstorms...real mexican food...incredibly friendly people...fireflies on summer nights...rafting the guadelupe river...racing on 2222...playing in great clubs like the continental club, fitzgeralds, liberty lunch, steamboat, club dada...spring break at port aransas...texas/ou weekend...piney woods of east texas...lower greenville ave...the drag...polo at willowbend...massive fields of bluebonnets...mi tiera at 4am...deep ellum...SXSW...diving jacob's well...real dr. pepper...

its been too long.

:)

17. jordonringel macrumors newbie

Arlington Texas, its between Dallas and Fort Worth

18. hesdeadjim macrumors regular

Houston

I'm from Houston but i'm in school in New Orelans. Can't wait to visit home now 'cause of the new Store.

19. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

You expressed it well man. Deep ellum and SXSW are rocking. Ive been to both. Altough i've been to Deep Ellum about 6 times already. You've never had spring break at south padre island?

20. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

My siste is completely obsessed with SXSW, she worked there 1 time, and fell in love.

21. Quark macrumors regular

Go Apple!! Go Houston, Texans!!

I can't wait till this weekend, I will be at the Grand Opening - WAHOOOO!

Take Care,
    Quark

22. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

frekin a ... houston is getting an apple store. awsome. i would like to know how they choose houston and not san antonio or austin though. but tis all good. 2 apple stores in texas is cool. im bound to get to one soon. rock it.

23. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    though i've been to south padre many times, i haven't gone during spring break...i got hooked on port A from the first time i went...smaller crowds and a little less wild( though wild enough:D ) i used to have a loft in deep ellum-that was a blast...though it was a little hard to get used to the gunfire at nite. i haven't been to sxsw in years...i hear its huge now...very few bands ever get signed from playing there...more of an industry excuse to party. lotsa signed bands playing though...go figure. man, do i love austin..hope it hasn't grown too much.

oh, and another thing i miss in dallas....martini's at the inwood lounge.

24. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

I've been to SPI on spring break. It's wild...

25. Geetar macrumors regular

I love Texas..........drive up there from Florida twice a year for the Vintage Guitar shows in Dallas and Arlington. Wish I lived there, but my wife won't go for it.

Any guitarists or bassists out there? Arlington's middle of next month! Y'all come on down,now, y'hear!:cool: