MacHeist 4 Bundle Offers 15 Apps for $29

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 17, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MacHeist has launched their fourth application bundle, combining fifteen apps with a retail value of $539 (if certain sales targets are reached), for $29. MacHeist typically assembles these bundles with a wide variety of apps, including both games and productivity programs.

This year's bundle includes:

- Bejeweled 3
    - Scrivener
    - Courier
    - PDF Signer
    - Artboard
    - Jurassic Park
    - Sam and Max
    - Strong Bad
    - Radium
    - DiskTools Pro
    - Evernote (With 15 months of Evernote Premium included)
    - HDRtist
    - Firetask*
    - BioShock 2*
    - Painter Lite*

The last three apps will be unlocked once certain sales targets are reached. Further, 25% of each purchase goes to one of 10 charities that the purchaser can choose from.

Article Link: MacHeist 4 Bundle Offers 15 Apps for $29

2. macrumors regular

Worth it for Evernote alone

$29 for 15 months of Evernote Premium is worth it alone. I probably won't even download the rest of the crap.

3. sza
    macrumors regular

Generally this kind of bundle only contains one useful software.:cool:

4. macrumors member

sportsnapper

Yep, Evernote Premium is the best reason for getting this...

5. macrumors 68030

Analog Kid

I've liked Artboard, but I have it already so that's not much of a selling point...

6. macrumors member

Scrivener is a really great application. I paid $45 for it a few months ago.

7. macrumors newbie

Absolutely worth it for Scrivener and Evernote alone. And with NaNoWriMo just around the corner, now is absolutely the perfect time to buy.

8. macrumors 68000

1080p

The only app that interests me is the PDF signer app... And it can be had for $10 on it's own.

9. macrumors member

If you just need it to put your John Doe under some documents, Preview.app does it for free.

I'm quite disappointed with the bundle. Not going to buy it this time. Some of the mission loot is fine, though.

10. macrumors 68000

1080p

I like filling out applications and forms that come in PDF format. I once used an online service that did it and charged me a fee to print it. But the software seems like a much better deal.

11. macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Scrivener, FTW

Scrivener is a very nice app for writing of any kind: novels, nonfiction, papers for class, etc. The developer is working on an iPad app which will be available within the next 6 months or so.

IMHO, Scrivener is vastly superior for Word/Pages/etc. for performing research and structuring your writing. That's about 90% of the job.

12. macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Was hoping for a killer app like past bundles, which had VMWare or Parallels, but the "biggest" app for me personally (I don't do heavy writing, and I personally have zero use for Evernote, nor do I really understand its massive appeal) is the Disk management app, and thats not even really useful. Too many games and one-off novelty apps for me.

13. macrumors 6502

can't see any useful app for me, i know few of my friends embraces the Evernote. but didn't know it was $60:confused:

14. macrumors 6502

I think I'll grab this bundle, Evernote alone pays for the rest. Anyone know If you purchase the bundle and the others become unlocked do you get them too? I've been looking to purchase Bioshock 2.

15. macrumors 6502

What's with the 3d nonsense?
    THIS is Sam & Max.
    [​IMG]
    "Another confused census taker?"

16. macrumors 6502a

turtlez

What is so good about evernote? I don't understand how having all your documents in a different place from normal is easier to manage etc.

17. macrumors 6502

Think I will get this for Scrivener alone!

By all accounts its is a great app and I know some novelists use it

18. macrumors member

Does MacHeist still ignore any customer questions/emails? I bought one of these bundles a while back and could never get an answer from them after numerous tries.

19. macrumors 6502a

turtlez

yeah they ignore still.

----------

it says after 25k bundles are sold all purchasers will get everything. so far it is about 6k

20. macrumors 6502

What was the question? Did you read the FAQ? Did you post in one of their forums?

http://macheist.com/support

21. macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Bit of a disappointing selection this time 'round. Nothing that jumps out at me.

I would have preferred iDraw to Artboard. Can't find any info about Corel lite (seems they made it just for the bundle).

I may still go for it if Bioshock is redeemed over Steam.

22. macrumors newbie

Buying outside the Mac App Store

Why? I don't have money outside my App Store account. So I can't buy any of such things, too bad.

23. macrumors 65816

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I use Scrivener professionally. It's an outstanding application for writing and I wholeheartedly endorse it. If you don't own it, the bundle is worth it for Scrivener alone.

24. macrumors 603

Stella

MacHeist 4 has been a long time coming but unfortunately this bundle is very underwhelming, IMO.

25. macrumors member

The Strong Bad / Homestar Runner app (game) looks very cool. Loved their old web cartoons - didn't realize they had a game out until now. But the graphics and humor/attitude look loyal to the original toons. Around ~$30 -- so basically free with this bundle (if you we're already going to buy one of the other apps anyway).