Macheist bundle 2008

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by iPoodOverZune, Jan 8, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

iPoodOverZune

Macheist bundle of this year is posted

http://www.macheist.com/

Some of the apps are pretty good in the bundle like snapz pro, appzapper, 1password, etc. But then I already have them except iStopMotion. ;)

other choices are just craps. Awaken?! :rolleyes:

2. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I bought the MacUpdate Promo which I thought was much better value, however I might consider buying the MacHeist pack if Pixelmator is unlocked otherwise I wont consider it.

Most of the applications on MacHeist seem to be a little useless.....

3. thread starter macrumors regular

iPoodOverZune

Actually, appzapper, Snapzpro and Pixelmator may justify the price. These three are pretty good. 1password, iStopMotion are okay. (1password was free from Macworld just a while back; may be still).

4. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

If Pixelmator is unlocked it would justify the price however with the current applications I can't really justify spending the money now.

5. macrumors regular

Although the apps aren't for everyone and i prob won't be using all of them, i still bought the bundle as the deal was too good to turn down for the price. If you consider pixelmator is $59 alone, it s kind of worth it if you were on the fence about buying it. I think the macheist bundle is better than the macupdate bundle IMHO which i also bought.

If you took part in the heists preceding the bundle you would have got it for $39 instead, and picked up a couple of free apps along the way (albeit not upgradable) such as voice candy or sofa control, which i would never have normally bought but were interesting to poke around with :)

EDIT If you purchase more than one bundle at the same time, you get a discount. I.E. 1 bundle = $49. 2 = $78, 3 = $98, so it might be worth buddying up with friends to get it for even cheaper. $33 for a bundle is quite good!

6. macrumors regular

jstad

I purchased this for Cha-Ching 2.0 license and beta access. Also the fact that it is for a good cause (indie developers and also charitable foundations) :)

7. macrumors 601

andiwm2003

snapz pro and pixelmator seem to be worth it for me.

8. macrumors regular

I think the charity aspect is very good. Also the developer thing, the past year or so (since i switched from windows) I have been blown away with the quality of shareware available for mac.

9. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

But they haven't been unlocked yet, I do know and understand that it's for some very good causes however until Pixelmator is unlocked I probably wont be buying yet...

10. macrumors G4

I see the usual cycle of an app I've just purchased being immediately included in a bundle or ten continues :rolleyes:

Oh well, Pixelmator is still worth the money on its own.

11. macrumors regular

Problem is, for everyone sitting on the fence who are waiting for certain apps to be unlocked before committing to buy, if everyone does it they won't be unlocked!

12. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I agree, but there's still 14 days left and only 2,226 copies sold.

13. macrumors member

I'm not familiar with how this actually works, so when will the other applications actually become "unlocked"? :confused:

14. macrumors regular

I think the relevant totals will still be reached, after all i think its been around 24 hours now and they're passed the 2000 sales mark.

The first app (CSS Edit) will be unlocked once 5000 sales have been reached, the subsequent two locked apps will also be unlocked at some point but the details haven't been released yet as to how many sales need to be reached :)

15. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Usually for the first unlock it's 5,000, then 7,500 then over 10,000, this could change however depending on sales.

Does anyone have a list (or link) for last years MacHeist software list and more to the point if all applications were unlocked?

16. macrumors regular

17. macrumors 68040

decksnap

Are these dinks going to fulfill their commitment to My Dream App one of these years? What a debacle. Maybe less time heisting, more time doin' the right thing?

18. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Wasn't there some "issue" with some of the MacHeist application serial numbers last year (e.g. some of them not working)?

19. macrumors bot

20. macrumors 68040

decksnap

I don't know. There was also the whole 'screwing over the developers' thing, and the meltdown and lack of holding up their end of the bargain on My Dream App. Frankly I'm not impressed with anything Phyll Ryu has done 'for the Mac community.'

21. macrumors 65816

Cha-Ching?

Has anyone here used Cha-Ching? I'd be happy to find a replacement for Quicken. I'm not particularly fond of giving Intuit my money.

22. macrumors 6502a

superleccy

I much preferred the MacUpdate bundle.

I'd have bought it for Pixelmator if I didn't already have Pixelmator, and if Pixelmator was mature enough to be useful.

SL

23. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

This is the first application bundle that I am seriously thinking about getting. A few of the apps would be really useful for me, especially if the last three are released. I'm looking at CSS edit in particular. I might just drop the money on this one.

P-Worm

24. macrumors 68000

NATO

If Pixelmator is unlocked, I'm in, otherwise I'll pass :)

25. macrumors member

Snapz Pro X is worth the whole package....