MacHeist Deal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G5Unit, Dec 13, 2006.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

If I were to get all those apps for $49, can I install it on my upstairs and downstairs computer? Or is this illegal? I just wish to have the apps on both computers.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You'd have to buy the bundle twice to do that. I suppose that you could pick-and-choose to install some applications on one and other applications on the other computer.

3. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Are you sure? While our friends in Cupertino may only want you to use their software on one computer, others like Adobe are more liberal with their EULA's, I would double check.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I can check again, but I don't remember seeing any allowing simultaneous use on two computers and that's certainly possible in that configuration since it's not a matter of work and home computers.

5. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

I did a quick check but could not find anything at the MacHeist page, maybe on each dev page it would have something.

Just off the top of my head I know Adobe lets you have a install on a desktop and one install on a laptop at the same time. I found this out after upgrading my powerbook HD and not deactivating PS before I erased the old drive (and having an install on a iMac) Nice lady and Adobe gave me a new code and all was well.

However in the OP case you may be right.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You have to check the license agreement for each piece of software to check the usage terms -- you cannot make a general statement or apply the terms of another company's agreement.

I agree that the MacHeist page doesn't make it easy to find the license info, nor does Delicious Monster, the first vendor in the group. Likely you'll have to download the trial packages of each, and read the enclosed documents.