machine locked OS discs???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by newbnewb, Feb 25, 2007.

1. newbnewb macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2007
    I just got a used macbook, the 1200 white one, not the entry level one. The machine did not come with the os discs so I tried a fresh install with discs from other machines, macbook pros, black macbooks, none of them work cause it says software cannot be installed on this machine. Do I have to find someone with the exact same configured macbook as me, or is there a way around this? I feel as if there just OUGHT to be a way to get around this.

Please help!!
  2. johnmartin78 macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2007
    You should go back to where you bought your macbook and ask them where your install disc is.
  3. sambob macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2006
    I've been able to sucsessfuly Install from a disc I bought that was Intended for an eMac but It was a Install/restore disc, sounds like It's tring to do a restore, check to see If theres an option to Install or restore after It's started. If these are only restore disc's then you'll have to break down and buy one, just make sure It's an Instalation disc and not just a restore disc.
  4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Mar 21, 2006
    what was the the exact error? sounds like you need to wipe the HD before trying to install. The disks that come with the MB's black/white are all the same.