MacHive - Heard of it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by epochblue, Jan 24, 2007.

1. epochblue macrumors 68000

Aug 12, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I'm not entirely sure how people around here respond to sites like this, but I got a tip from someone about this site:

It's clearly not launched yet, but it doesn't appear to be JAMZ (Just Another MacZOT), which I think is a good thing.

Anyone know anything about this site?
  2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2006
    No, but I'm always suspicious of a site that doesn't have a webmaster contact, but wants to gather information right off the bat.
  3. epochblue thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 12, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    FWIW - I went a few days ago (before the sign-up form was live) and there was a contact listed. I believe it was - presumably that goes to the webmaster.
  4. cobrabyte macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2007
    Quick intro...

First off, I apologize for not having our contact info on the site ... could have sworn it was there.

So, what is MacHive?

I don't want to give away too much but I will tell you that it does have something to do with Mac shareware and it's not the same, old thing that's been done over and over again. It's bound to be a great site for the community but it'll be even better for the individual community members willing to throw in a little extra effort every now and then. It's nothing big and, from what those in the know have told us, the 'effort' is actually fun and fulfilling!

The sign up page provides a few more hints for the curious...

I encourage you to sign up at, so we can let you know when we're ready for testing (for those who want to participate) and, of course, when we've officially launched.

Thanks to all those who have signed up and to those who will sign up -- we can't wait until you can experience the hive for yourself!