MacinBlack

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cloud9, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Cloud9 macrumors regular

I bet the next iMac revision with a chip upgrade will feature Black imacs in the line, any one else see where this product testing is leading to.

2. afornander macrumors 6502

i could see them doing this with consumer models, it would be like th imac g3's and ibook g3;s where you can choose wich color you want... it would be sweet, and would pair up nicely with macbook. but still, for some reason i dont think they will.

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

4. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

That would be nice if Apple brings out Black iMac with a black keyboard and mighty mouse included. It would sell like pancakes at IHOP.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You could only choose from a palette of a few Apple-selected colors, I believe never exceeding five, and some models only came in one color.

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Apple started this with the iPod nano and its been working for them beautifully, I think its very probably we'll see a black iMac but the Pro line of computer (macbook pro/mac pro) will probably retain the aluminum styling.

Now all we need is matching black apple keyboards and mighty mice, and while they are at it, some matching black earbuds for the ipods would be nice...

Personally I don't like Apple's obsession with white, the line I liked the best was the G4, the black optical mouse, cool apple studio displays.. now those were very pretty.

7. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

Some company that paints macs, i can't remember the name had a black iMac and it was FUGLY.

8. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

It also costs a ton of money (like $300-$400 if i remember correctly)

9. aviationwiz macrumors regular

Those are pretty damn fugly. I'll stick to the standard White iMac's, thank you. Standard Apple white all the way for me, or the Professional aluminum style when possible, :)

10. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

yuck yuck yuck. it might look better if the keyboard keys were black

11. milozauckerman macrumors 6502

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

That would be great, but I would need a matching keyboard and mouse obviously. :p

13. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

14. Cloud9 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, I am very much a Yin person, and Black looks good.

15. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

It just doesn't fit. It doesn't look like Apple did it. It clearly looks like somebody painted one, and that would just annoy me.

16. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Nah, the actual ones look really nice. I believe they just photoshop the color for the website.

I personally don't think the iMac looks good in black but I might be the only one.

17. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

It does look pretty bad, but i bet if apple did make a black imac it would look much better than coloware's painted imac.
    Example: the macbook painted jet black by colorware looks a lot worse than the black macbook

18. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I don't think nor hope they will. If you look at ColorWare's black iMacs, they look terrible. IMO, I don't like the Black MB's either...:rolleyes:

19. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

^^^

Yeah I've seen a Black iMac (photoshopped) and I won't lie, I like it. But the MacBook, on the otherhand I just don't feel the same way. And to charge that much more for black? Outrageous. (Yes, I know that if they release a black iMac they will do the same thing). But that may actually be worth it.

20. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Give me a black Mini. Wait no, don't. Oh, I can't decide. How 'bout an all silver mini, no white top. Or clear, no wait that's so G3.

On the iMac, instead of making the whole thing black, what about just the enormous chin, like a goatee. Like the chiaMac.