Macintosh boot sound cameo on TV, how many have you noticed?

Discussion in 'Community' started by 840quadra, Apr 21, 2005.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

While watching my X-files Season 2 DVD on my G5, I was typing away replying to a post here on Macrumors. While working in the background of my show I could hear what sounded like my Macintosh SE starting up. I walked over to find that it was switched off, and then sat wondering .

I scanned back the DVD to watch what I missed and behold, the sound came back again! It turned out that Scully was booting up a computer on the DVD and it had the classic Macintosh SE boot sound!. Too bad when they showed the screen on the Computer it was running Windows 3.1, and it actually was some type of IBM clone :(

What places have you noticed Macintosh related sounds / Images on TV or movies? I think it would be kind of fun to build a list of shows, movies that contain Mac cameos

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

That would be an incredible undertaking! I've seen Macs on TV/in movies so much I couldn't even begin to name them all. Plus all the modified screenshots that you can tell were originally Mac-based.

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

The funniest is when its a totally classic mac screen but when they go to do something on the computer they open up a window with a dos prompt.

4. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Good point, and I wasn't expecting anybody to dig out their DVD collection for this, just post them on this thread if you can remember, or as you find them.

In 3 years I hope to have this be a 20 page thread ;)