Macintosh Dillema

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jknight8907, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

    jknight8907

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2004
    Location:
    Hudson Valley NY
    #1
    Sounds great to me, wish i had 3g to spend. :( I wouldn't hold my breath for the G5 PBs. Apple announced it would be a while. I would bump up to the dualie 2ghz and the 14in iBook. You'll get a big performance boost by moving to the 2ghz.
     
  2. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

    PowerMacMan

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, Illinois
    #2
    There will be NO PowerBook G5 anytime soon...
     
  3. ckelley macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2003
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    #3
    I am aware, that's why I said there's no way I can wait for it's introduction (which would be way over 6 months at least).
     
  4. solvs macrumors 603

    solvs

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Location:
    LaLaLand, CA
    #4
    I think getting a dual 1.8 and 12" iBook is a good idea. Especially if you can sell (or trade in, at a place like Powermax or Smalldog) your 366 iBook. I'm waiting until WWDC to see if they have any low end G5's or new iMacs, or something. But we'll see.

    You can always shop refurbished for an even better deal and use the savings on AppleCare.
     

Share This Page