Macintosh HD Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sobering, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Sobering macrumors regular

Hey guys. On my iMac, the Macintosh HD icon is an actual icon of a HD. But I've seen some screenshots and some people's Macintosh HD icon is an actually iMac icon. Whats the difference, and how can I change this if I ever wanted to (don't want to, just curious).

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

People just do it for looks. No difference. To do it..

Right Click HD > Get Info > Click & Drag OR Copy & Paste new icon into the little thumbnail in the top right corner of "Get Info"

Kevin

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i used a program called "Candybar" (i think anyway, dont have it anymore) to change my HD icon to a picture of a Macbook someone made here on MR, looks sharp!

4. almightyshoe macrumors regular

Is there a way to change the icon for a type permanently (ie, all folders from now on will have the new icon, so I don't have to change each one manually)?

5. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

I use candybar, and with it you can change what the default icons are for folders and documents and applications. It isn't that expensive and definitely worth it if you want to customize your icons and such.

I've attached a grab of my desktop. You can see I haven't left nary an icon alone.

Attached Files:

6. Hytower77 macrumors regular

Hytower77

Some random place outside of Fort Worth, TX
    I agree...CandyBar is well worth the price if you want an easy way to see everything in one place instead of hunting for the icon you want to change. It's only $13.

7. CyberB0b macrumors regular

CyberB0b

maybe add a NSFW warning on that one :eek: