Macintosh is state of minde: Not a computer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GimmeSlack12, Nov 18, 2005.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    Enough of this Intel is the end. Or Intel is the work of the end.
    Intel is the work of the next generation, and the work of the next slew of Macintosh machines.

We will be fine! And the OS will carry on to be the same industry standard of what an OS should be. We aren't going to change the world. We are going to change a few thousand people's ideas on what the world should look like.

The world is a small globe. Yet the connection is built in.
  2. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

Dec 13, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Uh, okay. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one; it is 2:46 AM in England right now; it may be time to drink a couple glasses of water and go to bed. :rolleyes:
  3. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2003
    No, I'm pretty sure Macintosh is a computer. I think something else altered your state of mind. ;) Good night to you from the other side of the pond on this small globe. :)
  4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

Mar 14, 2004
    USA! USA!
    State of minde? Oh I get it, Mindy, as in Mork and Mindy.
  5. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Aug 3, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well, although I do see it to be a state of mind (for those of us who actually view it as a friend)..... we may just be crazy. Someone call the CIA, Billy Gates is playing a sick trick!
  6. beatle888 macrumors 68000

Feb 3, 2002
    my girlfriend sees her iMac as her friend. when she got it she was so overwhelmed by the quality, simplicity and the beauty. she said it would change her chaotic life and renewed her hope.

obviously she needed a new computer. her pc was a nightmare. she loves this thing and it definitely is a state of mind...the attraction to the OS that is.
  7. pionata macrumors 6502

Oct 12, 2005
    huh, well I tought macintosh was a company... maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, as all company, the bigger it gets, the more things start going bad.

Mac is currently the best computer there is, but It may not always be the case. I would'nt be suprised I a third and fourth contender joins in the computer battle in the futur as their once was (Amiga, Atari etc...) (Assuming those new computers have their own Os and are fully compatible with emulation tech). And probably, random designs like current pcs will dissapear again some day, as it is already starting with a few company like Dell taking the monopoly.

Its late here also...
  8. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2005
  9. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    Im crazy... Its not that I really couldnt do what I wanted on pc's it just something about macs... like weird... and has anyone noticed how trippy it is to look a monitor in a pitch black room its like woah.
  10. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2003
    Last I checked, the Macintosh certainly is a computer -- though not necessarily 68K, PowerPC, IA32, AMD64, or any clone or any of the above. It can be any of those -- but the critical components are the Mac OS running (excepting the clones a decade ago) on Apple hardware.
  11. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

Sep 5, 2005
    Do you think there are many people here, who are old enough to even know who Mork and Mindy are?
  12. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Seeing as your from Manchester too I'll go with you ;)

Macs have a certain feel to them. i dont feel like im using something old and useless, something I need a degree to run properly. It feels like I can set my mind to do anything and i'll get the green light. its a fantastic lubricant for creativity.

meh. I dont know. my life has been simpler and better since using a Mac. its like I can go ahead and work on my coursework without having to defrag or run a maintenance app. Just lift up the lid and work. in the words of Ross Noble (if you saw him in Manchester last night) TA DA!
  13. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    state of mind

when i first started using a mac, it was one of those 128k or 512k models and the thing was really not super sexy looking or anything, but it was intuitive and easy to use

from then on, long before the macs attention to industrial design, the operating system continued to be better than anything out expecting an easy to use and useful operating system became my state of mind when using a computer

before windows 95, i could not stand using an ibm or ibm clone with bill's os and the state of mind a pc made me was angry and frustrated...and even the pc fans were angry and frustrated a lot of the time