Macintosh Plus

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Spock, Jun 7, 2004.

1. macrumors 68000

Spock

I just got home from a place called Savers, it is a second hand store I go to to get Mac Parts and stuff and found a Box that said Macintosh Plus on it so I looked inside and it has the all the original disk's books and even the cassette tape Welcome To Macintosh. the only thing missing is the Stickers it even has the yellow transport floppy, its really cool I am going to order stickers to complete the pack it all looks brand new.

2. macrumors 68030

themadchemist

3. macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Aw, the Mac Plus! What did you end up paying for it?

4. macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  5. thread starter macrumors 68000

Spock

No Mac Plus just the small box with the books and disk's I think I am going to put the Tape on a CD and give the CD away.

6. macrumors 6502

I've been told there's a market for old Mac stuff, but I'm kind of out of the way so can't tap into it.

I have a strawberry puck mouse, an old adb mouse, an external mac 2x cd drive, some cables, an LCII (monitor and cpu - don't know about mouse and keyboard)

Is there a market for this stuff.

I also have a multi-color Apple lapel pin, but you'll pry that from my cold dead hands.............

M

7. macrumors newbie

I found a macintosh plus at value village for $10 but it had no programs or hardware like a mouse and keyboard. I was wondering were i would be able to find a mouse and keyboard.

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

Spock

I would say The Salvation Army or eBay would be Your best bet.

9. blakespot, Jan 3, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

Administrator

blakespot

I grabbed a Mac Plus some years ago and upgraded it to 4MB of RAM. I grabbed the Rodime external SCSI HD which was a 30MB unit and gutted it, replacing it with a 512MB Fujitsu. I went through 5 drives before I found one (the Fujitsu) that worked with the Mac Plus, because the Mac Plus's "SCSI" port was finalized and in production before SCSI was actually nailed down as a spec. So it's not quite 100% SCSI.

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blakespot/2378676830/

About my orig. Mac 128: http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000013.php

blakespot