Macintosh SE - old games ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by caccamolle, Dec 9, 2005.

1. caccamolle macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    wonder if anyone might be able to help.

I just thought of using this old Mac SE for some games for my kids (both <5yro). The problems are: (a) I have none and (b) if I find a few how do I load them in ?

any ideas ?

thx

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Go find ShufflePuck Cafe (http://www.goodolddays.net/amiga/s/shuffle/)

that game ROCKS

but in Classic mode (osx) it runs waaaay too fast, on a Classic machine, runs awesome.

Oregon trail....nuff said.

Myst 1 - original was Hypercard! (but its a CD)

They should fit onto 3.5" diskettes, getting them to a disk is a problem tho, unless it can connect to the internet or your home network.

3. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

I recommend "The Uninvited". Will run on an SE like any other application, just double-click it. System 3 through System 7.

I'm pretty sure it could be considered abandonware at this point, PM me for more details on locating a copy.

4. croshtique macrumors 6502

System's Twilight is a fantastic adventure/puzzle game that will keep you occupied for weeks on end.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Ultimate resource for ancient "abandonware" games for the Mac:

http://mac.the-underdogs.org/

...but of course you're going to need some way to get them off an Internet-connected computer and onto a floppy. USB floppy drive, maybe? I forget if the SE had a high-density floppy drive, but if it does, then that'll work. The other option is to try and get the SE on the 'net...

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Not sure where you'd find it, but one of my favorite games for my brother's SE/30 (and one of my favorite games of all time!) was Starflight. That game was amazing. Hmm, sorry, just realized this was for your 5-year old kids... probably a bit too advanced for them... :eek:

7. caccamolle thread starter macrumors 6502

hey guys,
    thanks for the suggestions. Now my priority is to find out how can I put the games into the Mac. I am going to check this w/e since I will be where I have it.

by the way, anyone recalls Lode Runner, I loved that one !?!?

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

You know it - I loved Lode Runner! Great puzzle game, played that one over and over - pretty intense game as well when you reached the higher levels. Thanks for bringing back those memories... :cool:

9. caccamolle thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah man, could be very intense, geeee, it really brings things back, we are talking decades, at least for me, I played it first on the Apple IIe !!! and then it took me a while before finding it for the Mac.

10. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, I played it all the time on my brother's Apple //e as well. I think I actually got to a level that was impassable at one point, but there were a few different versions of the game, so I'm not sure which one we had offhand. :cool: