Macintosh System 7.1 needed (download)

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Does anyone out there have the System 7.1 disks? I need them, I only can find one of mine but it looks pretty damaged... Can anyone send me the disk images to my e-mail? (ibook238@mac.com) I need these disks... Help Please

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i'm not sure about this, but i saw that someone here once mentioned that you can get all the OS's up to 7.5 from the Apple website. sorry i don't have any links or anything.

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

oh

No they don't have it, LowEndMac.com says that you can only get it from old Apple Resellers and it would cost aboyt $30 bucks..... :(

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Call up Apple and see what they say. Maybe they'll just charge you a small amount for it

5. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

thanks but no thanks :)

I downloaded that before, thats and upgrade for System 7.1 not an upgrade to System 7.1 (which I was looking for)

Its says it in the read me file also:

"System Update 3.0 is a set of software enhancements that improves the
    performance and reliability of Macintosh computers running system software
    version 7.1, 7.1.1 (System 7 Pro), or 7.1.2 (for Power Macintosh)"

Thanks though ;)

6. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

is this...

Is this a warez discusion? If it is... arn does not like that sort of thing on this site?

I think we need to go the the judges on this one.

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

I don't think it is. He says he has the disks, but they may be damaged. If he had made one backup copy of 7.1 in case of such a thing I think that's legal. But, since he doesn't have a backup copy (assuming that since he started this thread) he is asking for a copy of the OS to use for back up. I think you can do this legally.

Another instance of non-piracy in "back-up" situations: You forgot the newest Coldplay CD you purchased at your friend's house and you want to listen to the track now. I think you can legally download the song, since you still have/own a copy of the CD.

8. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

regardless, finding a place to download it from or sent is illegal. Call Apple, they are the only ones who can legally send you a copy.

sorry....

arn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.