Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Does anyone out there have the System 7.1 disks? I need them, I only can find one of mine but it looks pretty damaged... Can anyone send me the disk images to my e-mail? (ibook238@mac.com) I need these disks... Help Please

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i'm not sure about this, but i saw that someone here once mentioned that you can get all the OS's up to 7.5 from the Apple website. sorry i don't have any links or anything.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
oh

No they don't have it, LowEndMac.com says that you can only get it from old Apple Resellers and it would cost aboyt $30 bucks..... :(

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
thanks but no thanks :)

I downloaded that before, thats and upgrade for System 7.1 not an upgrade to System 7.1 (which I was looking for)

Its says it in the read me file also:

"System Update 3.0 is a set of software enhancements that improves the
performance and reliability of Macintosh computers running system software
version 7.1, 7.1.1 (System 7 Pro), or 7.1.2 (for Power Macintosh)"

Thanks though ;)

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
is this...

Is this a warez discusion? If it is... arn does not like that sort of thing on this site?

I think we need to go the the judges on this one.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I don't think it is. He says he has the disks, but they may be damaged. If he had made one backup copy of 7.1 in case of such a thing I think that's legal. But, since he doesn't have a backup copy (assuming that since he started this thread) he is asking for a copy of the OS to use for back up. I think you can do this legally.

Another instance of non-piracy in "back-up" situations: You forgot the newest Coldplay CD you purchased at your friend's house and you want to listen to the track now. I think you can legally download the song, since you still have/own a copy of the CD.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
regardless, finding a place to download it from or sent is illegal. Call Apple, they are the only ones who can legally send you a copy.

sorry....

arn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.