Macintosh TV

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by andypress, Jan 7, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone had higher red pictures of a Macintosh TV, like from apple's advertising campaign, or from other stuff. It seems like it's just about nonexistant on the net, and the ones that do show up are really small. Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

What are you asking? I'm guessing by red you mean res but there is no such thing as a Mac TV.

I'll assume you are talking about Apple commericals. And if so you can find some here that are pretty high res.

3. macrumors 68030

homerjward

im guessing you mean this. i don't know where to get any hi-res pics besides contacting apple or something. that sounds like a pretty cool computer; like a media center before its time.
    [​IMG]

4. macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

This linkety shows a Mac TV, along with a ok-ish picture.

A good way to get pictures is ebay. If one is up for auction, then you can look at the picture. I want one of these... but oh well.

EDIT: DAMNIT! Beaten to it. It took me a few minutes to navigate the site... but you won. Gah.

5. macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Linkety is a kinda solution that I saw on ebay.... not a dedicated computer but a card for it.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

There was most definitly a Mac TV. Came out in 1993, and was the last 68040 before the powerpc's came out. It's also one of the most sought after computers.

7. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sort of the Apple story. They started the digital photo revolution with I think the Quicktake 100.

8. macrumors 6502

I'd personally prefer the Twentieth Anniversary Mac. Same media centre functionality, but with a cooler looking design, PPC 603a, and much nicer audio system. They, also, are hard to find, however.

9. macrumors member

jonnyblobby

Long Life Macs

I got an old 5500, it has a performa 580 main board in it, + a video/TV card.

As it only has the extensions needed for TV/CD playback it boots in a few secs.

Then can be used with a remote

10. macrumors 65816

vollspacken

I had a black 5400 (I needed the black keys and the black mouse for I mod I still haven't finished...)

it was a good machine, fairly responsive and the TV feature worked fine... I sold it to a guy from france though since it just sat around, collecting dust :(

vSpacken

11. macrumors member

12. macrumors 6502a

mkjj

mac TV

All I have is some origianl Apple artwork of the 500 series (which the Mac TV was based) You will need Illustrator to open though.

Email me and I will send them to you as they are too big to post.

Regards

MarkJ