Maciversary

Discussion in 'Community' started by katie ta achoo, Sep 4, 2005.

1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I just had my one year Maciversary yesterday. (EEEee!)

I was wondering if anyone else was nerdy enough to do anything on their Mac-iversary.

I gave blood, then go to the Apple store. I was carrying an iBook AND a PowerBook, so it was super heavy, and I nearly passed out at the Genius bar, but eh-- I had four+ clerks who would catch and resuscitate me. (I'm totally awesome and I brighten their day and if I passed out there and they didn't help they would forever be saddened because their fav customer wouldn't be there every week asking new, stupid, craptacular questions. Also I teach them how to use run-on sentences.)

I also went home, put on a party hat, and then gave my (FREE!! HA HA!) PowerBook a hug.
    Then, I passed out because I had like 0 blood in me.

haha, on the 3-month anniversary of gettin me P'Book, I ate a Macintosh Apple. I was so happy about, it too. I told all my friends, and invited them over to eat apples and talk about Mac but they were all busy that weekend.. Hmm.

So, does anyone else do stupid nerdy stuff like this?
    Am I alone in my nerdoscity?

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I think you pretty much have the rest of us beat with respect to "nerdoscity". ;) Still, it is cool that you won a free PowerBook... I'd definitely be psyched if I won something as valuable as that.

(I can't give blood... lived too long in England and the Red Cross doesn't like that.)

3. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

Man.. don't put nerdoscity in quotes like that. It's totally a word. Whatchoo talking about?

..and I'm guessing I'm the only person lucky (yess... free airplane tix) enough to have visited cupertino in the first year of my nerdoscity..

Just curious as to little celebrations people with too much time on their hands would do on their maciversary. Next year, I'm taking my PowerBook to Disney land.*

*ok, I won't. That just sounds cool to do though... test out the sudden motion sensor on a roller coaster, haha!

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

It's so not a word that there is exactly ONE hit for "nerdoscity" on Google. One. Besides, everyone knows that the correct word is "nerdasciousness". :p

I will probably spend my Maciversary thinking of what computer or gadget to buy next.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Every year (pretty much to the day) I go out and buy myself a new iPod. This isn't so much a celebration, but rather because iPods only ever seem to last a year. :(

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Haha, my Maciversary is in a few weeks. But mine is number 13. Haha.

7. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

Now i know why half of the mac users are checked into a mental facility :) but congrats on your "Maviversary"

*throws a party*

8. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

You just wait til this thread gets spidered by Google. ;)

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Then there will be TWO Google hits for "nerdoscity", and ONE for "nerdasciousness". :)

10. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

:eek: Serious. What kind of iPod are we talking about, you should be able to get discounts by now ;)

I know what you mean about the iPod not lasting long, mine lasted about 3 months :( The screen broke after a little fall.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=132704

11. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

How fitting that the only hit for "nerdoscity" on google is in a Star Trek thread with a title "DS9 vs. Voyager." ;)

12. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

I drop my ipod mini so many times that it has harsh cosmetic damages to it. Im suprised that it is still working -_-. The last time I dropped it the white tab came off lol. I really should be careful I even drop my cell too!

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I really should ask about that discount. :D

I'm slowly learning from my mistakes and the next one will be a Shuffle.

14. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

If I did that- as soon as the coaster went down the first hill my 'Book would fly out of the train and land on a poor, unsuspecting tourist below.

Its good you decided against bringing your PowerBook G4 to Disney- now Universal Studios.... ;)

15. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

Would a G3 not have that problem?

:p
    sry, just gettin on ya for specifically saying "PB G4" instead of just.. generic powerbook. :p :D

16. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No a PowerBook G3 is immune to that sort of accident (mine only died 3 days after I bought it, from a fried logic board). ;)

I specifically mentioned PowerBook G4 since that is the type of PowerBook that you have. I am sure that any PowerBook would have the same problem.

17. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

man, and I wanted to take a PowerBook 150 and see what happened on a roller coaster!

I assume it would fly off, land on the trackball, and drive itself to the nearest Apple Store, using the trackball as an interim wheel.

MAN, that'd be awesome.

...and I've officially lost my mind.

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Happy anniversary Katie, happy that you had such a good time. Always fun to visit the Apple Store. Just did that today. A very beneficent act of you by donating blood, many thank you for that gift. As a nurse I realize how valuable a gift that means.

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, I don't have a PowerBook 150...but I might be able to lend you my PowerBook 165c. ;) :)

BTW, I still think that you are sane katie ta achoo. :)

20. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Congrats! Tomorrow will be my one month anniversary, or mac-iversary, since I got my iBook, ON MY BIRTHDAY! Best day of my life!

21. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well congrats to you as well zflauaus. Getting a Mac on your birthday is pretty cool- I bought my Power Mac G5 as my birthday gift to me.

22. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I think the older iPods were more durable than the new ones.

:-( I did nothing special on my one year iPod-avversarry.

23. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

You should have at least bought an iPod Sock or something for your beloved 'Pod. :) Oh well, there is always next year... ;)

24. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I didn't do anything special on mine. :eek:

I missed it :( July 6th... I guess I have to remember for my second :p

25. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Thanks! The Power Mac to yourself, freakin' awesome!