mack warranties

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mrwilly123, Jun 19, 2004.

1. mrwilly123 macrumors member

does anyone here have experience with mack warranties? (mackcam.com)
    im thinking about getting one after buying a sony dsc-w1 camera on ebay.
    im not sure i understand how it works, but this is what it seems like- you buy it after/when you buy a camera (any camera no matter which?) and then, they will repair it if anything goes wrong, but you have to mail it in to them. is this right?

thanks!

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I just bought that camera - good choice!! And, I bought a 5 year warranty thru mack.

Mack is a camera repair company - anything happens, you send it to them and they fix it. You must buy it at the time of purchase. Just retain your receipt and warranty card. [They have different warranty prices for different price ranges; just like Applecare is more expensive for Powerbooks than for eMacs.]

I got my NEW DSC-W1 for $375 + $49 5 year warranty. If your ebay deal is cheaper, great; if not - check this out:

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/product-features.asp?id=964591319

3. mrwilly123 thread starter macrumors member

thats a really good deal....the only problem is that i want the black dsc-w1, and digitalfotoclub.com doesnt seem to have it.

so you like your w1? does it mount on the desktop? i hate cameras that dont, and force you to use image capture

thanks!