Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
This product by DataViz is highly touted for its ability to translate documents when the recipient of something does not have the application that created the item in question.

Like so many others, I occasionally am sent Microsoft Word documents as attachments to e-mail messages through my AOL account from PC users, only to be promptly stopped in my tracks as I try to open and read them.

Before making a purchase, are there established users who would share some comments as to whether I would finally be able to open and clearly read such Word attachments free of all prior problems? Do the MS Word docs have to be from only certain versions?

Also, are there snags and limitations with the product that have dampened your enthusiasm with it? Any feedback would be welcomed.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
What stops you from using TextEdit or Pages (part of iWork '05) to open Word documents? Those are the methods I use, and they've worked very well for me.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
wrldwzrd89 said:
What stops you from using TextEdit or Pages (part of iWork '05) to open Word documents? Those are the methods I use, and they've worked very well for me.

I should have mentioned that I am still in the archaic and unstable world known as OS 9.1 ... need I say more? My new purchase to OS 10.4 (or whatever they'll be up to by then) will come sometime between late June and early November.

BTW: How do you access your member profile to add a few items?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Cinnamon Swirl said:
I should have mentioned that I am still in the archaic and unstable world known as OS 9.1 ... need I say more? My new purchase to OS 10.4 (or whatever they'll be up to by then) will come sometime between late June and early November.

BTW: How do you access your member profile to add a few items?
Gosh, I haven't used MacLinkPlus since version 9. It worked brilliantly for me then, so why not give it a try?

To edit your profile, click User CP in the top bar, the click Edit Profile under Settings & Options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.