MacMall, anyone here deal with them?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Steve Jobless, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

May 31, 2006
    Hi, sorry if this sounds jumbled or rushed (which it is) but I just found the perfect MBP config for me at a great price on MacMall. I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback regarding service and what not, also about how long does it take for them to process their rebates? Also do the charge for shipping and sales tax?(I'm assuming they don't [tax] especially since I'm in DC and I'm fairly sure they aren't based there).

ps. what kind of express cards work in MBPs?
  2. rglatter macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2006
    I personaly have never had experience with macmall but one of my coworkers who purchased all the mac stuff at where I work buys everything from there and highly recomends it. About the rebates I have no idea as well but I would assume quickly. About the Tax I would also assume no tax as they probobly are not based or do not have a store in DC. Good luck on getting your macbook pro, I have one as well and love it.
  3. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    Well Macmall has been a Mac resaller for a very long time so they are definately a reputable company. Also as long as you aren't in any state where they have a corp. or distro. then you'll be tax free
  4. gman71882 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    Houston, Tx
    mac mall has always been reliable for RAM and stuff for me.

Also the Macbook Pro uses the Express Card 34mm
    express card info
  5. nnick macrumors regular

May 17, 2006
    I used to work for them. They have some good deals but they always involve mail in rebates. It takes about 6-8 weeks. No tax if you are outside of WI and CA. They are the largest Apple reseller in the USA.
  6. simmonstwin macrumors member

Dec 15, 2004
    If there is a problem , even if it's only after the first day; they wont let you return it for a new(working) one :rolleyes:. just a heads up incase you are used to internet stores like Amazon
  7. fblack macrumors 6502a

May 16, 2006
    bad experiences

They used to have a large selection of items and their prices were average unless they had a special deal going on. Unfortunately, I had several bad experiences with them a few years back. It ticked me off so much that I refuse to purchase anything from them. The worst experience was dealing with their so called managers. The last time I dealt with them, which was screw up #3 and the last I would put up with they sent my stuff to an old address I hadn't been at in about 3 years! Nevermind I had gotten stuff at my new address many times. They would promise to call me back and fix the situation and 2 weeks would go by and I'd have to start the whole process again. After about 6 weeks of this nonsense I got a refund for my stuff-they said that would be the easiest way and for me to reorder. But they didn't refund me the shipping for sending my stuff to the wrong address! I had to dance with their phone lines and their managers for about another week and half, worst part is that they wouldn't apologize.:mad:

Its been several years and I'm sure their personel has changed, but I still wont shop there. I find better deals and better customer service in other places. Maybe they've gotten better, but after 3x I wont risk the aggravation.
  8. flyers1 macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2005
    I ordered my macbook from them about 3 weeks ago. It arrived quickly and without issue. I'd order from them again.
  9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles