MacMall Employee Discount - Up to 38% off Instantly on all Apple Products.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ipacmm, Jul 18, 2005.

1. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Well it looks like MacMall is now doing the employee discount on all Apple products.

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/prom...Referer=http://www.macmall.com/&wt.mc_id=8923

2. ironMonkey macrumors member

sweet. somebodies trying to unload some stock. updates baby, updates. next tuesday!

3. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

From what I could find, it looks like $100-$200 off Max on certain items. I couldn't find a single item that came close to 38% off. Clearly not everything is 38% off (nor do they claim so), but I was hoping to find something as an irresistable deal.

Anyone?

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Oh no! $978.07 for a stock $999 iBook. WOW, WHAT SAVINGS!

5. -hh macrumors 68020

-hh

I hate these types of promotions...

...because instead of showing you the price up front, you have to jump through their hoops of going through their "Shopping Cart" and "Checkout" before you actually see what the price is.

For the PB notebook I was looking for, MacMall was a whopping $5 cheaper than Apple's undiscounted website price, which meant that any of Apple's discount categories (student, employee, etc) beat MacMall by a hundred bucks.

Result? "No Sale" to MacMall.

BTW, I did learn that they also attempt to sell you various "Add-On's" at virtually every step. Just works out to YA "better customer experience" from Apple's own website...

-hh

6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

useless

i found less than 5% savings. buy at amazon and enjoy tax free and a $150 off or similar.

this is a "lure you into buying expensive stuff" promotion. nothing more.

i will remember not to buy from macmall in the future.

7. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

If this is a MacMall employee discount sale, then their employees don't get much of a discount.

12" PB with SD = $1663.47
    15" PB with combo = $1914.64
    15" PB with SD = $2202.00

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, the 12" SD PB was the first thing I tried too, and I was somewhat less than impressed.... Hard to imagine an employee discount price that's more than $250 more than the student discount! :eek: :(

9. ipacmm thread starter macrumors 65816

ipacmm

The CompUSA employee discount was a lot better then this.