MacMall Kicks off Black Friday 2012 Sale on Macs, iPods and iPads

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 21, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Online retailer MacMall has kicked off their 60 hour Black Friday sale just now. The sale runs until midnight on Friday. Traditionally, 3rd party retailers have offered better discounts than Apple once sales tax is taken into account. MacRumors is an affiliate partner of MacMall.

Their full sale list covers both new and previous generation products. We've pulled out the current-generation products of interest and their respective discounts:

Click on prices to link directly to product.​
    Discounts on the MacBook Airs are notable for a percentage of their total price, while the 15" Retina MacBook Pros have the largest dollar amount in savings.

When looking for the cheapest price, it's good to know which retailers charge sales tax automatically. MacMall charges sales tax in California, Illinois, New York, Tennessee, Minnesota, Georgia, North Carolina and Wisconsin.

We expect to see additional Black Friday sales at Apple's online store though that doesn't kick in until Black Friday itself. We will also cover other sales and discounts. Please send in any notable Apple-related sales.

Article Link: MacMall Kicks off Black Friday 2012 Sale on Macs, iPods and iPads

2. macrumors newbie

Old iMac model :/

3. macrumors member

Midnight Friday

They really might ought to be more specific than "midnight Friday," as that would be Thursday night, which probably isn't what they have in mind.

4. macrumors 6502

You cannot possibly expect Apple to release a new version of a product and then immediately discount it on Black Friday.

5. macrumors newbie

Better than nothing but not impressed. :)

6. macrumors newbie

No iPad mini?

YESSS I can now justify buying it 2 days ago. Phew.

7. macrumors member

Which is why retailers usually mention 12:01AM or 11:59PM when referring to midnight so that they can state the intended day, in order to prevent this sort of confusion.

8. macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

not impressed

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
  9. macrumors 65816

rye9

Any chance of the earpods being discounted this Friday anywhere?

10. HMI
    macrumors 6502a

HMI

Try China, Hong Kong.

11. macrumors member

Wow, a whole $25 off a $500 ipad. :rolleyes:

12. macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    Isn't that an Android tablet in the picture ?

13. macrumors member

old iMac model? Am I the only one who thinks it wouldn't be a surprise to see Apple launch it on Black Friday (albeit maybe without a discount)? Apple must be crazy to NOT launch it by then given a) the sheer scale of the potential takings on Black Friday and b) that they have to launch it by the end of the month and Friday 23rd is starting to cut it fine?

My only gripe is now a load of soccer mums are going to be buying little Timmy a new Mac, soaking up an already limited supply, with no idea just how long many people have been waiting for the iMac upgrade because they actually need the performance.

I am running an '08 entry spec Macbook with integrated graphics and I am trying to run finite element analysis, numerical analysis, CAD and Final Cut on it. Watching paint dry is comparatively interesting. Come on Apple! I NEEED this!!

14. macrumors regular

No tax for most, that's worth another $25 or so

15. macrumors 6502

Those sales are good if you happen to need an Apple product at this time. But they definetely don't justify you running out to get the latest product

16. macrumors 603

Rocketman

Black Friday is earlier than ever or possible. If your vendor waited till at least the day before Thanksgiving, they are forgiven.

Rocketman

17. macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    What field of work are you in ?

Generally, people that use those programs don't need all of them.

AutoCAD and final cut ?

Sounds like you must be pretty smart yet you made an awful choice for a work machine a few years ago.

18. macrumors 6502a

chirpie

Best Buy Online ran a special this morning with the 32gb iPads at $50 off plus a $75 gift card. But I guess that was the 3rd gen model...

19. macrumors 6502a

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS YOU CAN GET $2 OFF A NEW BLUE iPod SHUFFLE! WOWEE-WOW!!!1!!1!eleventy!1!

20. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Those were 3rd generation iPads, so not as great a deal as it seemed.

arn

21. macrumors 6502

Right, like how they're discounting the iPad4 and 13" Retina MBP. ;)

I think you may have meant that the new iMac HASN'T been released yet. Still, and too long in 'coming soon' status.

22. macrumors 6502a

links are dead once you click on "buy now/customize" :confused:

edit: macbook air models

23. macrumors 6502

No, I meant that they wouldn't launch the iMac on Thanksgiving or Black Friday and immediately mark it down. The re-design will sell itself without a sale price on it.

24. macrumors 603

Rocketman

Powermax (OR) doesn't charge sales tax in most states.
    Not an owner, but donate to me 70% of the savings. Plus a large service fee.

25. macrumors 65816

myrtlebee

I can't stand MacMall. They always seemed to have had an attitude when asked simple questions. I once had them leave me hanging on their online chat for 45 MINUTES before I decided to just pull the plug and take my business elsewhere (Apple.com). Not interested.